Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazmeister

Gameday moving to Saturday?

34 posts in this topic

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.

Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

It's an idea but the supporters decide there is a vote to see what people want either 3 pm on Sunday or 6 pm Saturday

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

Interesting. You would lose the football crowd both those who watch and play it however I can see some will see it as an advantage

especially those who consider match days as An excuse for a beer swilling session

As a season ticket holder at Elland road who also goes to most away matches, who also has 5 Hunslet season tickets. a move to Saturday night would mean me missing lots of home games unless they could fit them after the lufc home games. that I feel would be near on impossible. it would probably mean me mainly attending away fixtures next season

hope the vote stays with Sundays as it would mean a loss of 3 adult and 2 kids season tickets for the club. I would have to pick and choose the games I could fit in.

Prefer sunday afternoon tbh, though i suppose an odd sat evening game to guage support wouldnt go amiss.

What do you think of the proposal to move games to 6pm Saturday? For me it's a big inconvenience which will mean I won't be attending or offering any sponsorship next term.

Hope it doesn't happen, what's your thoughts?

is that why you've voted at least twice :nono:

School boy error, double the sponsorship I say...

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with

barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that

would attract the casual fan or two.

Well it would certainly be a big inconvenience for me as well, certainly wouldn't be able to come to every match any more.

However it doesn't have to be a blanket switch. Pick a couple of home games in the first couple of months of the season for trial purposes - preferably away from Leeds United home games and school holidays - and let's see what happens ...  

Im not a fan of the idea as it means my whole Saturday will have to be planned round matches.  If I want to go out Saturday night then I either have to come to the game ready to go & I dont fancy sitting in the stand in a dress & stillettoes! or get ready after the game which will mean not getting out till 10pm. If I want to do some shopping on Saturday afternoon I have to make sure Im back by 4 so can eat, get ready & be on my gate by 5pm.

Also wont we loose revenue by not beig able to hire the Phoenix bar out for parties?

My biggest negative is what am I going to do on a Sunday?  Sundays are rubbish with out rugby lol

I didn't see any T&Cs saying I couldn't. The other vote was for my mum who doesn't have an email account

Also just cos the emails have the same surname doesn't mean I voted more than once. Half a dozen of my family go to these games on Sundays.

Does that mean if I am called Smith you will only count one vote as you think Mr Smith has voted 500 times?

Maybe an idea would be to have 1 or 2 Saturday evening games and turn them into events with

barbecues e.t.c. If they were targeted at the better weather period ( don't laugh ) then maybe that

would attract the casual fan or two.

Great idea

Have just voted for Saturday.

Agree we should mix the fixtures-- nearby clubs on the Saturday and long distance clubs on the Sunday.

Will go by the majority decision, and pleased that HIST members were asked to vote..

cheers mrbus..... oh hang on!!!!

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

It would suit me fine but it has to be a democratic vote for whichever. I guess there will be a lot of lushes who like their Saturday night out, but it would only be for home games I presume, so theoretically you could go out every other week.

Where has this come from and why? Is it to save money? Is it cheaper to rent the stadium on a Saturday night? As for the away teams having to travel Gateshead and Celtic crusaders both played their home games at that time on a Saturday so I would have thought if the RFL are ok with it then it would be ok for us to

What about a double header on a sat afternoon the Warriors or old boys kicking off at 3 or 4 then us kicking off at 6, worth a try ?

Not voted yet , but i'd vote to keep it sunday , Old Boys play winter and Warriors play summer Steve , there's a few fans and players of the amateur game that watch Hunslet and for me you'd be taken revenue from the Warriors , its £2.50 to watch Warriors and Old Boys just come round with a hat and people put in what they want.........there's more - than +'s for me............

Not voted yet , but i'd vote to keep it sunday , Old Boys play winter and Warriors play summer Steve , there's a few fans and players of the amateur game that watch Hunslet and for me you'd be taken revenue from the Warriors , its £2.50 to watch Warriors and Old Boys just come round with a hat and people put in what they want.........there's more - than +'s for me............

all depends what leeds tell them to do