Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

souths v storm

34 posts in this topic

not seen a pinned thread about this game..

i hope McNamarra is watching and taking notes..

1. on how to deal with melbournes " inside,outside move" involving smith,cronk & slater

2. cronks pinpoint cross field kicks..

dealing with that will help shut the aussies down

Souths have dealt with it pretty well so far. Maybe the Burgess brothers will bring the knowledge of how to stop them.

I want the zinger pie they advertise on the big screen! Wigan delicacie with a twist!

The match officials have been very much on Souths side! Melbourne Storm understandably struggling with Widdops first game back and having not played well for a few weeks. Souths very poor kicking game and little spark from Sutton and Reynolds. Souths dont look like a premiership winning team. Roosters to beat them again I feel

like how widdop should play 6, instead of sinfield, and how sinfield should be near the team??

Think they've brought widdop back too soon, he was falling as soon as a tackler came near him, can't blame him though after the injury he has had,

like how widdop should play 6, instead of sinfield, and how sinfield should be near the team??

widdop is'nt fit.....he was well off the pace today

Does anyone know what happened to Tom Burgess as he was initially named to start in the front row and then didn't make the final 17? Luke Burgess was vice versa. I know that McGuire often makes changes to the 'Tuesday' team sheet so that could be the simple explanation. I'm just hoping that Tom isn't injured (I know that he didn't play huge minutes last week).

Probably didn't want to risk too many knock ons.

According to the stats on nrl.com, he's only made an 'error' in one of his previous seven matches. Unless knock-ons are categorised elsewhere.

That's good. Tongue was firmly in cheek. The Burgii do have a tendency for drop ball though, Sam is the worst. I assumed Tom would have a few to his name as well.

Good tough game, both sides ok but needing an extra gear to win the comp.

George and Sam should make it into the England 17. Perhaps Tom in the full squad too.

Widdop a good bet for the squad for his utility but on today's performance he won't scare anyone. He's pretty solid but unspectacular even when fully fit and despite the tendancy to knock Sinfield and Chase et al, these SL guys are ahead in the pecking order for mine.

I agree England can learn a lot from this match, especially the way to cut down on the big three's options and the value of aggressive defence across the whole line. And I also reckon our SL club sides compare well in terms of applying and maintaining pressure, although they are a bit behind in the sharp attacking stakes.

Widdop a good bet for the squad for his utility but on today's performance he won't scare anyone. He's pretty solid but unspectacular even when fully fit and despite the tendancy to knock Sinfield and Chase et al, these SL guys are ahead in the pecking order for mine.

You're joking right?

I want the zinger pie they advertise on the big screen! Wigan delicacie with a twist!

Does it have meat in it? Not just eyeballs and gristle and stuff.

;):tongue:

I live in France, so eye balls and gristle are the norm for the aperitif!

Poor reffing again costs Cowboys as Cronulla score a try after having 7 tackles! 2 Refs and a video ref still between them cant do the  basics of reffing.

I agree with him

Widdop doesn't have any flaws in his game. Chase and Sinfield both have huge flaws in their games which are going to be exposed come October and November.

He's the stand off for the best club side in the world and has just signed a multi million dollar contract for another NRL side. The fact people question his selection is baffling in my honest opinion. He can unlock the best defences going, he can kick and has a decent running game. We've only got two halves who can do all 3 of them things, by the looks of things neither will be playing!

Widdop doesn't have any flaws in his game.

In your opinion :)

He's the stand off for the best club side in the world and has just signed a multi million dollar contract for another NRL side. The fact people question his selection is baffling in my honest opinion. He can unlock the best defences going, he can kick and has a decent running game. We've only got two halves who can do all 3 of them things, by the looks of things neither will be playing!

Don't get me wrong - he's a good player. I just don't think he's a massive threat and he benefits considerably from playing in a team with a spine that contains Smith, Cronk and Slater.

FWIW Sinfield and Chase probably wouldn't be my first choice half-backs, but they've both got a lot of good attributes. I just don't subscribe to the view that everything in the NRL is necessarily loads better than over here.