Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

RL Legends/Greats who HAVEN'T released an Autobiography

26 posts in this topic

Just reading Robbie Pauls autobiography (not saying he is a legend or great, but was wondering if Shaun Edwards has ever released a biography? Who else out of the masterclass fraternity have not yet released one?

if Geoff Fletcher would release one on his many years at Huyton/Runcorn i reckon it would be a cracking read, i've heard a few stories when ex players have gathered( sadly generally at funerals)that were hilarious

if Geoff Fletcher would release one on his many years at Huyton/Runcorn i reckon it would be a cracking read, i've heard a few stories when ex players have gathered( sadly generally at funerals)that were hilarious

I'd buy that.

Just reading Robbie Pauls autobiography (not saying he is a legend or great, but was wondering if Shaun Edwards has ever released a biography? Who else out of the masterclass fraternity have not yet released one?

Don't think Sir Keith ever did...

Is there one by Neil Fox, Lewis Jones, Dessie Drummond, Derek Turner, John Whiteley, Lee Crooks?  Is there one by Offiah?

Is there one by Neil Fox, Lewis Jones, Dessie Drummond, Derek Turner, John Whiteley, Lee Crooks?  Is there one by Offiah?

Crooks has.

Offiah has released two.

I thought so but wasn't sure. Stanley Gene's is still one of the better books I've read.

I thought so but wasn't sure. Stanley Gene's is still one of the better books I've read.

There are some great ones to be fair but some real "pot boilers".  Some of the better ones relate to players who perhaps wouldn't be regarded as legends or superstars - often their stories are very interesting.

it would be a cracking read, met him a few times and a top bloke  ..managed to get a lift on huyton team coach a couple of times whilst living in manchester and supporting batley

The one I'm waiting for is Brian Noble's - if he dares to tell the truth about those final years at the Bulls and the move to Wigan! He's a very media savvy guy though, so I guess we'd only get the U certificate bits... :sclerosis:

Well, it's barking mad, at least! B) 

Crooks has.

Title "The beer monster"???????????????????? :tongue:

There are some great ones to be fair but some real "pot boilers".  Some of the better ones relate to players who perhaps wouldn't be regarded as legends or superstars - often their stories are very interesting.

I do believe that I have read one that you have "ghosted"!  A Shaw Thing?

best story was when the young geoff was about to sign his first professional contract, the club officials called at the family pig farm and geoffs dad said "our geoffs out feeding the pigs............he's the one with the hat on"