Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Oh dear Aussie refs

32 posts in this topic

So it's not just the french that struggle with counting to 6 ;-)

Correct, but us British can count to 6. Unlike the Aussie's and French :biggrin:

Some pretty poor decisions in this Roosters-Manly game so far.

Serious thought is going to have to be given as to how many Aussie Refs are allowed at the world cup. It appears that at the moment none are international standard.

Maybe they should try having three refs, it's clearly too difficult for two and at least one of them should come up with the correct decision...

It's amazing that we're talking about the refs and not the quality of that Roosters-Manly game.

It's amazing that we're talking about the refs and not the quality of that Roosters-Manly game.

I am with you.

It was a great game and I did not see too much wrong with Refs decisions.

Maybe the Game of Rugby League is.

To hard to Ref

To hard to finance

To hard to get sponsors

To hard to expand

To Hard to keep players

To hard to get fans to attend games

To hard to see quality.

FFS the NRL has had three pretty good finals series games, lets dwell on the negatives then eh?

20-10

20-18

4-0

All competitive games worth watching.

*Too

Who can forget this?

Of course there will always be howlers but for mine the NRL has much less of the niggle around the PTB because of two-refs.

I am with you.

It was a great game and I did not see too much wrong with Refs decisions.

Yeah but the decision was crucial to the result so how on earth can we not talk about the decision when it was effectively what won the game.

Some decisions are subjective and hence open to debate. This was not a subjective decision and its ended the season for them.

Imagine the seven tackle try happening in a Sky game. Eddie and Stevo would waffle on about it all game and afterwards too. At least the Aussie commentators mentioned it either side, and during, half time and left it there for the rest of the game.

in a city where the game is so high profile it's not really surprising is it? I actually found the missing thirty seconds more worrying than a ref miscounting

I have no comments to make on the quality of Aussie refs versus English refs. What I do know is that we should not be bullied into having Aussie refs forced on us for England V Australia games in the World Cup either at Cardiff or later in the tournament.

The Aussies are good enough with getting help from the Aussie refs Aussie interpretation of the rules whilst playing in the UK.

We now have professional refs from four countries. There is no excuse for not having a neutral ref at all WC matches.

Imagine the seven tackle try happening in a Sky game. Eddie and Stevo would waffle on about it all game and afterwards too. At least the Aussie commentators mentioned it either side, and during, half time and left it there for the rest of the game.

It was mentioned a few times in the game afterwards too. But not as bad as the Sky team were with the Briers incident yesterday

*Too

Thanks for the Grammar lesson and posting something I deleted.

;)

I hope every Ref in the WC is a neutral.

The games a refereed differently in each Hemisphere and a neutral, regardless of his interpretations is a must in my opinion.

It's not just the issue of neutral refs though. We have seen the Aussies insist on certain refs getting certain games....or not.

The decision making should also be neutral too.

It's not just the issue of neutral refs though. We have seen the Aussies insist on certain refs getting certain games....or not.

The decision making should also be neutral too.

I believe the Ref decision making in the Tri Nations Games was a two from three vote.

That makes it hard when at the time there were not many French or even Kiwi Refs up to Test level, the Kiwis will always go for an NRL style Ref as their players are familiar with their style.

I am sure the Australians felt they did not get the "rub of the green" in the 2008 WC final. (the Ref was Klein, regarded as English at that point)

The losing team will always feel decisions go against them, that is the nature of people.

How many top shelf French Refs have been brought through in the SL system?

was it an aussie ref who allowed salford to have 14 players on the pitch at the same time.

was it an aussie ref who allowed salford to have 14 players on the pitch at the same time.

I don't know was it?

I believe the Ref decision making in the Tri Nations Games was a two from three vote.

That makes it hard when at the time there were not many French or even Kiwi Refs up to Test level, the Kiwis will always go for an NRL style Ref as their players are familiar with their style.

I am sure the Australians felt they did not get the "rub of the green" in the 2008 WC final. (the Ref was Klein, regarded as English at that point)

The losing team will always feel decisions go against them, that is the nature of people.

How many top shelf French Refs have been brought through in the SL system?

Had a referee made decisions like Henry Perenara did in the 2011 game at Wembley (Briscoe no try and not sending off Tony Williams) *against* Australia, he certainly would not have reffed the final.