Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDuke

who will win the grand final

Ncl Champions   44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this years title

• Thatto Heath
    • Wath Brow
    • Siddal
    • Lock Lane
    • West Hull
    • Egremont

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

Why would the brow change the date. we request Leigh miners last year in the cup game to change the date as we had 4 away on international duties and they refused. What goes around comes around. Also this year myton would not change there date either and we had 4 on international duties on the Sundya

This was done because the players on international duty was with the U18s and we were told that does not constitute a change but it would have had it been open age. Hope this clears it up a bit for you Hornet.

I agree sbull champions aren't found through playing a few games at the end of the season, they make themselves by what they achive over the course of the league season, imo this grand final be it the top four or six or eight is just nonsense really, like in the dizzy heights of Super League how can a team that finish the season in fourth or fifth position like LEEDS and WIGAN truly call themselves Champions. Lets stop copying the Aussies, they have a Grand Final because they don't have a Challenge Cup which also imo is now classed as the second best trophy and that really is ridiculous.

I got told years ago that the playoffs where brought in to stop west hull winning it all the time! I can't see that happening?

Why aren't the play-offs applicable to Divisions 1/2/3? Are East Leeds, Kells and Normanton Knights just League Leaders and not Champions?

This was done because the players on international duty was with the U18s and we were told that does not constitute a change but it would have had it been open age. Hope this clears it up a bit for you Hornet.

We'll if having players in the international side u18s or not does not constitute a game change then a stag do is definitely not going to get the game changed.

Can not argue with that pal. Will be up there this afternoon hoping for a good game.

Can not argue with that pal. Will be up there this afternoon hoping for a good game.

it is always great to play Leigh miners, today will be a great game as always. With both teams doing there clubs proud.

I'm hoping for a West Hull win as it is your turn to come to us and I think the lads have played well enough this season to warrant a home draw.

As I have said it is not the fault of the West Hull players, it's put a dampner on the whole thing, and if after the hearing tomorrow the game is to be replayed then I will be hoping for Wests to win, if the result is to stand then I will be wishing Siddal go all the way to the final and beat whoever their opponents shall be, this has wrecked both teams build up towards what would have been a next round game at the weekend by a referee who thinks he can play to his set of rules not the rules set out for this competition.