Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate the rec

Haven Announce Biggest Signing in Years.

41 posts in this topic

Does any of you guys know if Haven have got rid of Jamie Rooney just ive heard a rumor he has not been kept on

Thanks for that

Lupton is better

Rooney is a great kicker but can also go missing when the going gets tough ask karl olstrum

Rooney yes good kicking game but so has Lupton Rooney got no pace we need pacy 7

Yes , Rooney and Lupton are to similar to play together . He could understudy Peter but we need a line breaker and creator to come onboard . I'd take Craven if we could get him on a long loan , or alternative young SL prospect . Loan would give more consistency .

Liam Campbell town era type of half back for sure, Callum can do it but we need another option too!!

liam hasnt signed for barrow yet, and works in haven. maybe some of the wages saved on thacks and calders should be thrown at him. and he can play fullback

Good call that but if all the rumours were correct he had agreed to move to Whitehaven sometime ago so could be a little too late for that hope not tho

Cant see brett leaving you lot his gotta community rugby league job in allerdale hasn't he or summit like that

Good call that but if all the rumours were correct he had agreed to move to Whitehaven sometime ago so could be a little too late for that hope not tho

According to the rumours Haven had signed Liam Harrison, Nathan Mossop, Andrew Dawson and Liam Campbell.

3 of those 4 names have signed on for us already, I'd say it's 50/50 for Campbell signing for us or Haven.

I'd say go for neither Rooney or Campbell, although if pushed I'd pick Campbell out of the two but neither will come cheap.

In Callum we have a fantastic player, if we can add either an amateur star, a hungry ex SL player, or maybe young Gilmore ( is that his name?) who the Widnes fans rate so highly on a season long loan. Then coupled with the experience of Lupton and Forber as a back up then surely we aren't too far away.

IMO the money would be better spent on a center, as I think the link between the wingers and those inside was our weakest point last season. Having said that finding this player might not be so easy!

The coaches and board will no doubt be working hard as we speak to get the right players in.

I'd say go for neither Rooney or Campbell, although if pushed I'd pick Campbell out of the two but neither will come cheap.

In Callum we have a fantastic player, if we can add either an amateur star, a hungry ex SL player, or maybe young Gilmore ( is that his name?) who the Widnes fans rate so highly on a season long loan. Then coupled with the experience of Lupton and Forber as a back up then surely we aren't too far away.

IMO the money would be better spent on a center, as I think the link between the wingers and those inside was our weakest point last season. Having said that finding this player might not be so easy!

The coaches and board will no doubt be working hard as we speak to get the right players in.

You lot need a centre we will if JJP doesn,t come back from what ive heard were both gonna  try and get scott lofthouse from kells would fit right in both teams been a barla international for years

I think Donald it would pay you to think of what your lot need in your team than coming on here telling us what we need.

I think Donald it would pay you to think of what your lot need in your team than coming on here telling us what we need.

to be fair hes just having general conversation. and theres not a town fan around who can argue we dont need a centre or 2

Yes i think we all know that we could do with a good strong pacey centre but coming from someone that says he hates town.he seems to spend a lot of time on here telling us what we should do?????

Conversation, Banter, Craic . . . Any if those sound familiar? Carry on Donald lad, ignore the haters.

Absolutely , all welcome . All opinions , all craic on all threads whichever way the mood takes . Just shooting the breeze here on things we're interested in.

Haha feels like I was being bullied been lmao its an haven thread I was commenting on lol but abu, s right I hate town as much as you lot hate haven but still interested whats happening at town and ive a lot of respect with the turn around at town in last 3 or 4 years charlo and oggy should be knighted what they've done