Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Brilliant

42 posts in this topic

Just popped on to say congratulations on yesterday and good luck at Fev.

It may have been three tries to one, but the ultimate result reflected the way the game went, for my money. Incredible really, that's 240 minutes plus, that you've played at our place this season, and only scored TWO tries in all that time, yet look who's just 80 minutes from a Grand Final!

Fev may be favourites, but everyone loves an under-(Bull)dog. Just remember the NRC, back in July 2010, and what that did for the club.

The best post I've seen from a non bulldog fan Alan.

Hope we get a couple more tries there in grand final!

Thank you.. Look forward more great games with you lot next season. There's been many a close encounter between us lately.

Far cry from one of my first games as a batley an when you beat us (72 nil I think it was) up at mount in eighties!!!

Just popped on to say congratulations on yesterday and good luck at Fev.

It may have been three tries to one, but the ultimate result reflected the way the game went, for my money. Incredible really, that's 240 minutes plus, that you've played at our place this season, and only scored TWO tries in all that time, yet look who's just 80 minutes from a Grand Final!

Fev may be favourites, but everyone loves an under-(Bull)dog. Just remember the NRC, back in July 2010, and what that did for the club.

As ever, a true gent, Alan.

Hopefully we can do ourselves justice next week at Fev and then who knows?

The best post I've seen from a non bulldog fan Alan.

Hope we get a couple more tries there in grand final!

Thank you.. Look forward more great games with you lot next season. There's been many a close encounter between us lately.

Far cry from one of my first games as a batley an when you beat us (72 nil I think it was) up at mount in eighties!!!

And if there'd been play-offs in those days, you'd probably have still stuffed us! I think our respective league positions & yesterday's game proved that there's nowt between us this season..................... except one team being 80 minutes away from a GF! (and that's at Leigh - so if you get through, just pretend you're playing us!!)

We were on top for the first 25 minutes even though we conceeded that early try, and we were fitter and in charge over the last 20 minutes, it was just like the NRC final. When it came to the extra time, Leigh panicked I thought and didn't do the basics well, they looked as though they thought they had to score a try to win and their approach didn't pay off, whereas we were calm with the ball and worked the sets that we had well. If games were won on fitness we'd be champions, but we'll have to be on the best mettle ever this week to knock Rovers over. Could be another golden point game easily.

I seem to remember  there was a period in the eighties or nineties when Batleys biggest home defeat was against Leigh and our biggest home victory was also against Leigh

can anyone confirm (or deny) that?

The heavy defeat to leigh was 4 - 70 at the mount on 24/11/85 my first batley game, jps trophy match.

I remember it well

I remember going to Leigh as a kid in 1992 and taking the spoils in a Premiership encounter. Leigh were in a division higher at the time, and had just been promoted to the top flight. Their fans weren't happy that day...

We seem to have been a bit of an inconvenience for them ever since.

They beat Fev at FEV a few years back 75-22 and their odd point came from a drop goal when they led 48-0 just before half time;

I'm not making any predictions BTJ, bit fev will be a different proposition to leigh owd cock.

Eh dear, Robin.  Apparently not. :(

Yeah yer right phil hope they win the final