Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Batley.Sun22nd TBC K.O

Match Prediction   68 members have voted

1. 1. Win or Lose

• Featherstone to Win
    • Batley to Win

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

honestly think we will blow them away in the first twenty before the arm wrestle gets going then it will be pretty even

fev 34 - 16 batley (20-6 ht)

first try Sharp

mom Lockwood

att 2136

Do not need to score tries against teams that give plenty needless penalties away, just score 1 more point than them

Batley will score only 1 try.....but win the game ! ;)

If we only score one try against Fev, we definitely won't win on this occasion. I'm pretty certain that they don't have a pair of imbeciles equivalent to Maden and Higson in their team.

Bookies are rarely wrong.

Not saying Fev aren't favourites, just that the odds aren't right.

Fair enough. As someone who does not understand bookie's odds, what do the odds suggest in terms of a score? Looking at the odds, do you get an idea of the margin of victory that the bookies expect?

However, one view of this game is that it is  1 v 5 with first having home advantage, having scored more points than any other team throughout the season and having conceded less than any other team throughout the season, playing having had a free week. Logic would suggest a decent win for Featherstone.

Bookies know their odds , they don't like giving a penny away .

And they, like me sen, will have assessed that batley are unlikely to just roll over.

Fair enough. As someone who does not understand bookie's odds, what do the odds suggest in terms of a score? Looking at the odds, do you get an idea of the margin of victory that the bookies expect?

However, one view of this game is that it is 1 v 5 with first having home advantage, having scored more points than any other team throughout the season and having conceded less than any other team throughout the season, playing having had a free week. Logic would suggest a decent win for Featherstone.

Sorry about that think it will be a very close game all seasons results will go out of the window batley always run us close should be a belter of a game hopefully a Fev win

However, one view of this game is that it is  1 v 5 with first having home advantage, having scored more points than any other team throughout the season and having conceded less than any other team throughout the season, playing having had a free week. Logic would suggest a decent win for Featherstone.

Batley at 4-1 means that if, Fev played Batley five times, Fev would win 4 and Batley 1.  At 25/1, one in 26 games would be drawn.  Fev's 11/2 means that in 13 games, Fev would win 11.  The odds say nothing about the score.   That's a whole new betting market.

Of course, the options never add up to 100%. The difference is the bookie's margin.  Ideally, of course, whatever the outcome, he has more money staked than he needs to pay out.

And they, like me sen, will have assessed that batley are unlikely to just roll over.

:laugh:

Shrewdness personified.

Good game with a slightly flattering score line at 16-0 ! Can I say though it's a much better atmosphere with a closed stand. I suggested this ages ago but nobody agreed but I day keep a Stand shut, pay for less stewarding and get everyone packed in nice and tight.

Two batley players took out kicker at the end, should have been a penalty, 2 points game set match. Poor ref.

Batley at 4-1 means that if, Fev played Batley five times, Fev would win 4 and Batley 1.  At 25/1, one in 26 games would be drawn.  Fev's 11/2 means that in 13 games, Fev would win 11.  The odds say nothing about the score.   That's a whole new betting market.

Of course, the options never add up to 100%. The difference is the bookie's margin.  Ideally, of course, whatever the outcome, he has more money staked than he needs to pay out.

Thanks for that, very interesting. I presume today's result was the 1 in the 4-1

18-18. Golden point again.

Not telling which way!

Cough!

Cough!

You starting with man flu chairman , better be over it for sunday,  we do have a game you know

:laugh:

Shrewdness personified.

drip. (Scotty 2013)!

Thanks for that, very interesting. I presume today's result was the 1 in the 4-1

Sorry to wee on your chips but the result at most bookies would have been a draw. Cos that was what it was in normal time. So it was the 1 in 26 yesterday.

You didn't wee on anything of mine. I am just showing my ignorance of odds and how they work, having never set foot inside a bookies.

If my post came across as gloating it certainly wasn't meant to!