Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superten

england semi pro team

5 posts in this topic

We have the England team made up of super league players , then the u21 team again all super league players then a gap to barla . Could we not fill this gap with a semi pro repressentive side . England semi pro side could be used as an ideal stepping stone for nations to progress.All scotland ireland wales and france could benifit from playing such a team. Plus looking in the championship theres plenty of south sea island players plying there trade . England semi pro v south sea islanders would be an appealing game.

Would be a good way to put some in the shop window but you could argue many would be playing for their heritage nations and this would detract from it.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. In fact I think I've suggested it in the past.

as wellsy said.... wales,scotland & ireland rely on championship "heritage" players,especially in non-world cup years...

if we brought in a "championship" england team it could drastically hit the number of championship players willing to put their hand up for wales,scotland & ireland imo

but with a regular semi pro five nations in may even help wales scotland and ireland to produce there own home grown players.

wales are'nt doing too bad on that front...

a idea ive had in the past was to put wales,scotland & ireland 'A' teams (made up entirely from players from the domestic leagues) into the northern rail cup to expose them to a higher level of RL...

that would help them massively imo cos theres a good chance some of them 'A' players could be picked up by championship clubs.