Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wilderspoolmemories

Club Call

169 posts in this topic

not strange at all. These people will be involved in plenty of on-field decisuons, signings, coaching appointments etc.

Yes, because of the financial implications.

tbh both Leeds and Hudds pose a threat. Part of wants us to shake it up and go for Hudds. If it backfires fine - live with it.

tbh both Leeds and Hudds pose a threat. Part of wants us to shake it up and go for Hudds. If it backfires fine - live with it.

Does it really matter, whoever you chose you have to beat and then you have to beat the winner out of the other two.

You have to beat two out of three.

Its a good sideshow though.

That's a terrible idea when this is still part of the Super League comp. You may as well not have the 27 rounds.

What you are talking about is a cup comp - the Challenge Cup!

But the play off's are a terrible idea - only done for making money.  The one who wins the league are the champions, but in this way more emphasis seems to be put on the grand final winner, which in my opinion is wrong. 

If they are going to have playoffs, it should really be:

1st v 4th----------

Semi no 1---------------

5th v 8th----------

Final

6th v 7th----------

Semi no 2---------------

2nd v 3rd----------

None of the 2nd chance, club call and other such stuff.

Or, the top 8 names in a hat and draw them out, play the games and then draw the names again etc...

As an example, Leeds lost in 1st playoff, but won in 2nd so go forward.  This shouldn't happen - they lost, therefore they should be out.

But the play off's are a terrible idea - only done for making money. The one who wins the league are the champions, but in this way more emphasis seems to be put on the grand final winner, which in my opinion is wrong.

1st v 4th----------

Semi no 1---------------

5th v 8th----------

Final

6th v 7th----------

Semi no 2---------------

2nd v 3rd----------

Or, the top 8 names in a hat and draw them out, play the games and then draw the names again etc...

As an example, Leeds lost in 1st playoff, but won in 2nd so go forward. This shouldn't happen - they lost, therefore they should be out.

Meanwhile the other team who lost first game then won the next its ok for them to advance?

But the play off's are a terrible idea - only done for making money. The one who wins the league are the champions, but in this way more emphasis seems to be put on the grand final winner, which in my opinion is wrong.

1st v 4th----------

Semi no 1---------------

5th v 8th----------

Final

6th v 7th----------

Semi no 2---------------

2nd v 3rd----------

As an example, Leeds lost in 1st playoff, but won in 2nd so go forward. This shouldn't happen - they lost, therefore they should be out.

so your reward for finishing 1st is playing 4th? Isnt it better to finish 5th then you can play 8th. Have you thought this through?

Does it really matter, whoever you chose you have to beat and then you have to beat the winner out of the other two.

You have to beat two out of three.

Its a good sideshow though.

well no it doesnt matter, but we have to pick someone.

Who else reckons its gunna b a Leeds Hudds final ? I cant be the only

one! ;)

You are not alone ha ha

But the play off's are a terrible idea - only done for making money.  The one who wins the league are the champions, but in this way more emphasis seems to be put on the grand final winner, which in my opinion is wrong. 

1st v 4th----------

Semi no 1---------------

5th v 8th----------

Final

6th v 7th----------

Semi no 2---------------

2nd v 3rd----------

As an example, Leeds lost in 1st playoff, but won in 2nd so go forward.  This shouldn't happen - they lost, therefore they should be out.

And the last thing we want in the game is an idea that might make money...

Warrington should take Leeds, they need to take the opportunity to knock them off their perch at home rather than at OT where Leeds always seem to find a way. I'm sure Warrington would rather play Hudds in the GF than Leeds, so it's a no brainer.

Warrington should take Leeds, they need to take the opportunity to knock them off their perch at home rather than at OT where Leeds always seem to find a way. I'm sure Warrington would rather play Hudds in the GF than Leeds, so it's a no brainer.

Have Wigan conceded their game against Huddersfield then?

so your reward for finishing 1st is playing 4th? Isnt it better to finish 5th then you can play 8th. Have you thought this through?

No I didn't, the 1st round is how it is now.  The reward for finishing 1st should be being the champions.  The whole playoff idea is stupid and just a money making scheme.  The whole idea that more credit is given for winning the Grand Final than for winning the league is stupid.  The team that finishes top of the league should be classed as the champions.

Off-Topic: As you can see from my replies so far, there is a reason I don't usually reply in Rugby related threads. :tongue:

You are Michael Jackson and I claim my €6.

hee hee 

No I didn't, the 1st round is how it is now. The reward for finishing 1st should be being the champions. The whole playoff idea is stupid and just a money making scheme. The whole idea that more credit is given for winning the Grand Final than for winning the league is stupid. The team that finishes top of the league should be classed as the champions.

Off-Topic: As you can see from my replies so far, there is a reason I don't usually reply in Rugby related threads. :tongue:

By that reckoning any sporting competition can be reduced to a money making exercise.

Many people prefer the playoffs system, I do considerably yet people who advocate that a league system is the only way never seem to quite factor this in.

So, they think the Giants are easy meat?

Hi Eddie Hemmings.

Interesting choice, I'm sure the Giants fans will oblige us by being suitably offended.

jeez! at last clubcall becomes interesting!

Took some time but bloody hell, at last someone just goes with how they feel!

Hudds are the LLS holders. Warrington have their number though and just dismantled Leeds.

Wigan are the CC holders and have just knocked off the impressive Giants. Leeds are the play off masters and have won 5 out of 6 Grand Finals.

Has there ever been a harder call to make on who will make the GF?! Would love to see the odds!