Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Wakefield Sharks

Wakey Trinity - bright new future

80 posts in this topic

And this post alone tells anybody all they need to know about your knowledge of the game

Go for it KT....!! That fella seems a bit upset about something.....

My current wife gets a bit like that when I ask for a breakdown of what she has spent the housekeeping money on...

I was once berated by a certain female on this forum for having a joke about Kath Hetherington's femininity.

Seems I may not have been too wide of the mark.

]

That's cruel and inappropriate .... Seriously though, I have it on very good authority that she keeps her hair a bit longer than Gary as its the only way that friends & family can tell them apart.....

I think in this case we need to learn from our mistakes. We let Oldham go to the dogs, and whilst it still has a good amateur base how long will this last without a top team to get the kid into rugby league.

We cannot let top level rugby die in this area, the long term consequences to the grassroots would be detrimental to the sport overall.

You must be talking about London Broncos.

Castleford were quite clear that their ricketty old ground was a financial millstone as it wasn't fit to generate the sort of sums that a well planned modern stadium could provide in terms of good financial returns on facilities, inc. seating, corporate facilities, bars, food,events etc etc.

Belle Vue is on a bit of a par with the Jungle so I assume the same applies..........

I don't disagree that there is an opportunity, just that the 'one size fits all' philosophy isn’t always automatically the best option. I think the way ahead is more nuanced than that, with more factors than just the ground involved.

The Salford situation gives the lie to it only being the ground to blame for ‘poor’ attendances and it clearly involves location, ease of access and I’d say principally, how the side is performing as well. I think Huddersfield, with another shiny new ground, also have to come into the ‘was it worth it’ category.

On the opposite side of the coin, when the Bulls were in their ‘pomp’, even on a ground which offered three sides of uncovered standing areas didn’t prevent average crowds of over 15K and top rank sponsors like Compaq being involved. Same could have been said about Saints, though they have now gone down the new ground route.

Again, I’m not saying it isn’t a good idea to do it, just that in some cases there might be better areas to spend the money on.