Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

So does this apply to the Red Devils?

35 posts in this topic

see the crowd last week for Sale's friday night clash with Newcastle was 9000. Would be good for SL if Salford could grow to that

It wasn't 9000, more like 7K and some - there were a lot of, er, inflated, attendances last weekend. 

Go to Aviva premiership website where they seem to have forgotten to use the RU calculator and have the real numbers

just face the fact that no matter how good our game is union is a much larger and much better managed sport.........

For me this is a non issue, No one calls it the City of Salford Stadium most refer to it as Barton. By the same token only TV will use the name. It's like Belle Vue, no idea what it's name is at present it's Belle Vue to me.

Salford being run on a shoestring before December 2012 has led to Sale having the rights, but don't know if this is a good deal as I don't know if they sold them for more than they paid.

Sale haven't really caused too many issues, other than highlight how poor Salford have been.

Hope the doctor will get a shop on site and see more Devil branding around the place.

Good point.  

I see no reason why Salford need to use the name in any significant way.

Except, maybe on their website, under directions to ground: follow road signs for AJ Bell Stadium.

It wasn't 9000, more like 7K and some - there were a lot of, er, inflated, attendances last weekend. 

Go to Aviva premiership website where they seem to have forgotten to use the RU calculator and have the real numbers

Why over state... as surely the tax man would take note.  I have always assumed that clubs would want to under state...

Why over state... as surely the tax man would take note.  I have always assumed that clubs would want to under state...

Seems like you're assuming that every attendee pays full price for tickets, or even pays anything for tickets, and maybe you're also assuming that everybody who has paid for a ticket is actually there, but just like the words to the song, 'it ain't necessarily so'. Official attendances are a dark art and would only form a small part of income on the balance sheet.

see the crowd last week for Sale's friday night clash with Newcastle was 9000. Would be good for SL if Salford could grow to that

I would take the 9000  figure with a pinch of salt.

If Sale try messing with the good doctor they will get their come uppence with interest.

Sale are a parasitic organisation.   They've sucked Stockport County dry and now moved on to Salford.  I hope Koukash is up for a fight, because Sale are a pretty low bunch in the way they handle themselves.

Stockport County have much bigger problems than Sale in the area. Maybe the whole thing was a bit suss, but a top flight rugby club would have always won out against a club like Stockport. 

Seems like you're assuming that every attendee pays full price for tickets, or even pays anything for tickets, and maybe you're also assuming that everybody who has paid for a ticket is actually there, but just like the words to the song, 'it ain't necessarily so'. Official attendances are a dark art and would only form a small part of income on the balance sheet.

As in George Gershwin..... I'm more of a George Formby man myself.... "they can't fool me"   springs to mind

But yer right a lot of assumptions on my behalf....