Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Hull FC sign not such a fat Feka...

33 posts in this topic

Palaiasena (sp) signs 2 year deal at Hull. Down to a career lightest, apparenrly, he's 31 so might do a job.

Post your witty criticisms here...

I can't think of anything funny, I've only just woken up from a much-needed lie in. Can I just sigh instead?

He was fantastic at Wigan when he first came over until he got too heavy. If he keeps the weight off he will be a fantastic impact player. I remember one of his best games was against Hull at the JJB. No one could tackle him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VCUeT2d70

Is he still doing the season with limoux? Some team they'll have in limoux, Casey mc guire, feka, tamata, ferriol, greenshields for 5 games Welshman Garett dean plus they 've two Aussies who've been there a while and a guy from South Wales scorpions!

He's not really lost weight, it's just that you look slimmer in B&W hoops compared to C&W

Surprised he's lost weight in France! We eat well here! Then again pies don't exist here!

Just another signing that points to the standards of SL, dropping like a sack 'o' spuds.

Just another signing that points to the standards of SL, dropping like a sack 'o' spuds.

Do you mind not referring to a "sack of spuds" when we're discussing such a signing.

He may be sensitive you know.

Palaiasena (sp) signs 2 year deal at Hull. Down to a career lightest, apparenrly, he's 31 so might do a job.

Post your witty criticisms here...

31 stone?. that is light for Feka ;-)

HKR were in for him too but when they visited Limoux he said wouldn't listen to clownsles_meuniers.jpg

Dear me. A player who was pretty much a passenger during his last couple of seasons in Super League - and a professional athlete who didn't even have the self-discipline to control his own weight, being given a 2 year contract at the age of 31. What an appalling signing.

Dear me. A player who was pretty much a passenger during his last couple of seasons in Super League - and a professional athlete who didn't even have the self-discipline to control his own weight, being given a 2 year contract at the age of 31. What an appalling signing.

That's more like it - come on the rest of you - were's the swathing criticism???  :sclerosis:

to buck the trend i think feka will be a good signing for hull, an experienced prop who on his day can be a decent player.

HKR were in for him too but when they visited Limoux he said wouldn't listen to clownsles_meuniers.jpg

For some reason they absolutely terrify me!  I avoid Limoux town centre for the seemingly four months they do their jolly rambling about.

As Barnyia says, Limoux will have some pack this next year.  Looking forward to watching them.

And Barnyia, if you are missing pies, I have industrial quantities of Fray Bentos oven pies in the garage for (ahem) emergencies.....

He's such an entertaining player. I am pleased he is back in SL. Give him 2 10 minute stints and watch him scatter defences...

I guess he's just what Super League needs - a 31 year old Kiwi who has been playing in a competition that's of a lower standard than the Championship. As for the 'in the best shape of his career' etc. claims? Heard it all before, I'm afraid. On many, many occasions.

Feka is a contrast, nice all round guy who will be good to ahve round the club.

He had a "fat season" and a "fit season" at Salford.

He is capable of doing  more than 10 mins, I remember him playing 30 mins then half time then a further period. If he maintains any sort of fitness he will be OK as a back up.

Having said that I would be hugely dissapointed to sign a player over 31 that even Salford rejected and counts as an non fed player.

Feka is a contrast, nice all round guy who will be good to ahve round the club.

So, first we have "sack of spuds", now "all round", you lot just can't help yourselves can you?

Having said that I would be hugely dissapointed to sign a player over 31 that even Salford rejected and counts as a non fed player.

No wonder he's lost weight! :P

I must say I'm surprised Hull have signed him, seems an odd one. At least he won't come over with weighty expectations :/

Having said that I would be hugely dissapointed to sign a player over 31 that even Salford rejected and counts as an non fed player.

I presumed he wouldn't as he'd played in Super League prior to 2008; much like Meli, Heremaia, McGoldrick, Dorn and probably a few more.