Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol Stock

Chuffin Nora

34 posts in this topic

I hope it is true then he will leave his England coaching role, however I think Parramatta will go for an Aussie.

Cant see it happening.. Good on McNamara if he has put his name forward, but with the attitude of the NRL towards SL, and its English players and coaches you'd have to assume that on that list of 12 he's below every current or former NRL coach, and maybe one or two current assistant coaches.. 

on my knees praying that he gets the job.............and leaves the england job to a good coach. like brian mc dermott

on my knees praying that he gets the job.............and leaves the england job to a good coach. like brian mc dermott

brian Mcdermott will be the next england boss.....

The good thing is that if he did leave his England position then us fans would all get behind his successor 100%. 

A little like we did with Waite, Noble, Kear, Smith....  :ph34r:

I hope this gives McNamara some confidence for the WC. Something like this could raise respect for him from the squad. Would be a huge gamble by Eels though, considering he's had no experience of coaching / playing in the NRL.

It's not really a huge gamble, either for McNamara or the eels though is it? They've just got their second successive wooden spoon so McNamara can't take them any lower. Maybe he'll build a team around Sir Kev, and World Cup winning coach and captain will put Jack Gibson's achievements in the shade.

i have family over in aus they support parra and work there, they are packing as i write.

will never happen in a month of sundays but would be good to see an English coach given a chance over in the land of oz

The good thing is that if he did leave his England position then us fans would all get behind his successor 100%. 

A little like we did with Waite, Noble, Kear, Smith....  :ph34r:

+1!

If only this was with immediate effect! It'll never happen tho.

Yep, best thing that could happen to England right now is a major upheaval a month out from the World Cup...

Got my breath back now... I think he may well come out looking good at the end of the World Cup.. You may well ask Why?

My answer is - I think that he probably has the best squad to pick from in quite a long time. If he selects all the Australian based England players they will immediately bring the benfit of a more advanced fitness regime plus the skills added since they got there.

Add to that mix the players we have here - we some fantastic backs - we are almost able to name a very strong 14/15 man squad.

It may be my imagination - but I feel real progress has been made.

So I think if we do well - it will be down to the quality of players available and their own motivation - rather than anything SM is capable of..

Of course there is the strong possibility he will place many players into unfamiliar roles/positions - and we get absolutely stuffed.

Anyway - enough of him - I've got tickets for nearly all the games - can't wait :biggrin:

Got my breath back now... I think he may well come out looking good at the end of the World Cup.. You may well ask Why?

My answer is - I think that he probably has the best squad to pick from in quite a long time. If he selects all the Australian based England players they will immediately bring the benfit of a more advanced fitness regime plus the skills added since they got there.

Add to that mix the players we have here - we some fantastic backs - we are almost able to name a very strong 14/15 man squad.

It may be my imagination - but I feel real progress has been made.

So I think if we do well - it will be down to the quality of players available and their own motivation - rather than anything SM is capable of..

Of course there is the strong possibility he will place many players into unfamiliar roles/positions - and we get absolutely stuffed.

Anyway - enough of him - I've got tickets for nearly all the games - can't wait :biggrin:

I am sure I am being thick here, but why do the Aussies have more advanced fitness regimes?

I am sure I am being thick here, but why do the Aussies have more advanced fitness regimes?

Finances

Well just one example;

At the top clubs - for every training session all players are wired up and monitored for a variety of preset levels. Failure to reach them means failure to play in the first team and signifies a drop off in effort.

A lot of attention to detail - and of course it costs money!

If you look at the Burgess boys - their phsysique has visibly changed since arriving there.. its a pity thats the case.  Since full time on these shores we have tried to catch up - but not yet done so..

Finances

But the extra money only came into the aussie game recently, no? If we were richer, why weren't we ahead of the curve?

But the extra money only came into the aussie game recently, no? If we were richer, why weren't we ahead of the curve?

Look, the Aussies are always bigger, better, stronger, faster, more elusive, better catchers of a ball, more advanced, have better coaches, better ball handling skills, better facilities, more efficiient sun cream - I thought everyone knew that. Either that, or maybe some people just love being negative all the time....