Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol Stock

Chuffin Nora

34 posts in this topic

I am sure I am being thick here, but why do the Aussies have more advanced fitness regimes?

Perhaps we might find out soon. The world cup could be very interesting.

Well just one example;

At the top clubs - for every training session all players are wired up and monitored for a variety of preset levels. Failure to reach them means failure to play in the first team and signifies a drop off in effort.

A lot of attention to detail - and of course it costs money!

If you look at the Burgess boys - their phsysique has visibly changed since arriving there.. its a pity thats the case.  Since full time on these shores we have tried to catch up - but not yet done so..

good post add gareth ellis to that as well he looks a lot bigger than before he went down under.

good post add gareth ellis to that as well he looks a lot bigger than before he went down under.

He also looks broken.

I am sure I am being thick here, but why do the Aussies have more advanced fitness regimes?

Poor drug testing .

brian Mcdermott will be the next england boss.....

Yep I think B Mc is great but just shows how fickle we fans are.... I remember when he first became head coach at Leeds... listening to the comments and yes some boo's early in his first season..

hence I always treat anything from us fans with a high degree of amusement at how quickly earlier opinions can be so easily forgotten...

It's not really a huge gamble, either for McNamara or the eels though is it? They've just got their second successive wooden spoon so McNamara can't take them any lower. Maybe he'll build a team around Sir Kev, and World Cup winning coach and captain will put Jack Gibson's achievements in the shade.

If anyone can take them any lower Mcbanana's just the coach to do it for Parra.

Yep I think B Mc is great but just shows how fickle we fans are.... I remember when he first became head coach at Leeds... listening to the comments and yes some boo's early in his first season..

hence I always treat anything from us fans with a high degree of amusement at how quickly earlier opinions can be so easily forgotten...

Some people (a vocal minority, but still a few. Nobody on here though) have still been calling for him to go THIS season when Leeds were in a bit of a rut. Some people just can't be told though!

If anyone can take them any lower Mcbanana's just the coach to do it for Parra.

juvenile ######, thicko101

Well just one example;

At the top clubs - for every training session all players are wired up and monitored for a variety of preset levels. Failure to reach them means failure to play in the first team and signifies a drop off in effort.

A lot of attention to detail - and of course it costs money!

If you look at the Burgess boys - their phsysique has visibly changed since arriving there.. its a pity thats the case.  Since full time on these shores we have tried to catch up - but not yet done so..

The monitoring I always understood that Leeds do it too and hence assumed all SL teams do.  So I can't see that being a major difference.  

I always assumed that the Aussies put more emphasis on Physique plus specific parts of the body then here. Otherwise as it isn't rocket science you would see same sort of physiques here but for whatever reason we don't focus on that or our "supplement" diets are different.