Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

Potential England team for next world cup

39 posts in this topic

With so many exciting young English talent coming through at the moment both in super league and down under it would be interesting to think of what a potential England starting 17 for the 2017 world cup would look like.

1. Ben jones-bishop

2. Josh charnley

3. Kallum Watkins

4. Zak hardaker

5. Tom lineham

6. Ryan Hampshire

7. Richie myler

8. Tom burgess

9. Daryl Clark

10. George burgess

11. Sam burgess

12. Ben currie

13. Stevie ward

14. Johny lomax

15. James graham

16. John Bateman

17. Liam Farrell

Decent team apart from Hardaker at centre.Hardaker is terrible at centre.

Spoilt for choice at fullback but I'd like to fit him in somewhere as he's a great player.

Potentially a very good team and that's with a lot of players not even mentioned - the first ones that sprang to my mind were Warmsly and Crooks

Hardaker to full back and Crooks in at centre for myself.

Spoilt for choice at fullback but I'd like to fit him in somewhere as he's a great player.

It would be to the detriment of the team to have him at centre.Leeds fortunes turned around when Hardaker moved to full back.

Sam Tomkins, James Roby, Kevin Sinfield, Rob Burrow,Alex Warmsly  any of these ringing a bell??   :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

Sam Tomkins, James Roby, Kevin Sinfield, Rob Burrow,Alex Warmsly  any of these ringing a bell??   :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

2017?

2017?

If McNamara is still coach we can't rule it out.

I thought after you post about Tomkins that you had set standard that couldn't be beaten for a long time but somehow you've plumbed new depths already.

Chris Hill will be 28/29 then so he would be in, and then you have Taylor, Crosby and Burke at Wigan reaching their peak in the pack

With so many exciting young English talent coming through at the moment both in super league and down under it would be interesting to think of what a potential England starting 17 for the 2017 world cup would look like.

1. Ben jones-bishop

2. Josh charnley

3. Kallum Watkins

4. Zak hardaker

5. Tom lineham

6. Ryan Hampshire

7. Richie myler

8. Tom burgess

9. Daryl Clark

10. George burgess

11. Sam burgess

12. Ben currie

13. Stevie ward

14. Johny lomax

15. James graham

16. John Bateman

17. Liam Farrell

why not this team for 2013 RLWC ????

I watched a fair bit of Daniel Smith in Souths u/20 this season and he is a great prospect, i believe he has been added to the Rabbitohs first team squad next year.

Is Smith British? Perhaps I should know the answer to that already.

From Wigan - Hampshire looks a superstar, I think Taylor will be fantastic, and I really rate Burke.

His replacement is #13 on the list!

What's fascinating is even 12 months ago there are names mentioned 99% of fans wouldn't have heard of.

I'd love to see older version of these threads just to see who else was destined for the international scene.

Someone dig them out for me *clap clap*.

My 17, as things stand and presuming none retire through injury or by moving to RU, will be (with ages in brackets)

1 - S. Tomkins (28)

2 - Charnely (26)

3 - Watkins (26)

4 - Cudjoe (29)

5 - Lineham (25)

6 - Widdop (28)

7 - Chase (31)

8 - G. Burgess (25)

9 - Roby (31)

10 - Graham (32)

11 - Farrell (27)

12 - S. Burgess (28)

13 - Ward  (23)

14 - T. Burgess (25)

15 - Mossop (28)

16 - Walmsley (27)

17 - Lunt (30)

Which goes to show how young the team is going to be this year, and how much depth we have got coming through.  A lot of the ones mentioned in previous will still be younger than 25 by the time the 2017 WC comes around, with better and more experienced players still ahead of them.

After this WC we need to build a core 1,6,7,9 that will play in 2017.  For me that is Tomkins, Widdop, Chase and Roby - all a good age and experienced by the time 2017 comes around.

I think that he's from Pontefract - don't quote me on that though.

From Wigan - Hampshire looks a superstar, I think Taylor will be fantastic, and I really rate Burke.

Yes he is, i think he is related to ex- Castleford half Tony Smith.

To many players in key positions that lack experience at domestic level, let alone international level

To many players lacking experience at domestic level let alone international level but it would be fascinating to see how they would perform.