Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrFussy

Man of Steel

19 posts in this topic

The short list has been revealed and includes Danny Brough, Sean O'Loughlin and Jamie Peacock.

Three very worthy candidates there. It would be Brough for me but I would have no complaints if either of the other two won it.

Whilst O'Louhglin has been excellent, has he played as much as Peacock and Brough? Brough for mine...

Peacock by a mile, top player who sets standards.

Had O'Loughlin played more, he would've been the standout player.

Since he hasn't, I'd give it to Brough

Brough for me.

Shows how well we are developing the home nations having a Scotsman be in the running for the man of steel ;)

What characteristics should a MAN OF STEEL display?

I would venture the following - consistently high performance, courage persistence (particularly in adversity} honesty exemplary conduct on and off the field.Leadership of his team and encouragement thereof.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Danny Kirmond, or not if you prefer J Peacock Esq!!!

What characteristics should a MAN OF STEEL display?

I would venture the following - consistently high performance, courage persistence (particularly in adversity} honesty exemplary conduct on and off the field.Leadership of his team and encouragement thereof.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Danny Kirmond, or not if you prefer J Peacock Esq!!!

He must have been close to making the shortlist. I expect a lot of people (myself included) would have been very happy to see him win it.

Tough one between Brough and Peacock, I suppose it may be edged by who gets further in the play-offs.

All things being equal then I'd give it to Brough.

I think O'Loughlin has missed too many games to be in contention. A team being pants when you're not there a Man of Steel does not make.

I think they have got the right 3 candidates there. Tough one to call. Wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them win it.

The term Man of Steel suits Jamie Peacock down to the ground. Don't think we've had a more suited player since Adrian Vowles.

MVP is perhaps a better label for Brough and the type of player who've been getting the award in recent years.

i wish we'd change the name of this award so we dont have this discussion every year. This is the top award each year and is for best player.

If Jonathan Davies can be MOS then anyone can (no disrespect to JD)

I'd give it to JP, but I'd not be disappointed with Brough

Ladbrokes odds suggest a one horse race...

1/4 Danny Brough

7/2 Jamie Peacock

10/1 Sean O'Loughlin

I don't think Hull's performance tonight has helped Brough's cause. He didn't have to do anything!