Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE RED ROOSTER

Lee Briers Autobiography - Off The Cuff due out November

34 posts in this topic

I hope Lee and his ghostwriter pull no punches when it comes to :

• His omission from the Great Britain team in the mid noughties, when many - including myself - felt he should have been a driving force for GB before Nobby put on the brakes.
  • And that they do not swerve the pre-Tony Smith allegations that Warrington's drinking team had a rugby problem.

If that's covered it should be a cracking read..

I think the second point hints at why he was omitted?

I want to know why, one of this countries most gifted players for donkeys years could not get in to the GB team.

Bad Hair do and an "unusual face" is my bet.

Same for Brough.

HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB, HE USED TO PLAY FOR A GREAT CLUB!!!!!!!!  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  

are you still at st austins primary??

I wonder if every chapter will start with either "one night in the pub......" or "one morning while recovering from a hangover....."

I will be very interested in reading about Steve Anderson's period in charge and Cullen's departure.

The Steve Anderson 'era' still gives me sleepless nights. To me this will be the most interesting part of the book. 

The Steve Anderson 'era' still gives me sleepless nights. To me this will be the most interesting part of the book. 

Can he rock the boat too much with this book whilst he's still playing at Warrington? Will be interesting to see!

Can he rock the boat too much with this book whilst he's still playing at Warrington? Will be interesting to see!

Not much boat to rock really, seeing as the Anderson era was 11 years ago and I would think that everyone is in agreement that it was generally an absolute disaster. 

Matt "Rocket" Rodwell. *shudders*

Briers at full back. Which, I suppose, if you look at how the position has changed over the past decade, you could almost, almost, almost say was ahead of it's time.