Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cockney4league

Irelands World Cup Squad

19 posts in this topic

Anyone have any ideas who is likely to be in their squad. Are there many Australian based in the team.

I'm pretty sure Ryan Tandy is serving a life ban.

Been playing in france for PIA this season think he,s just banned from playing in Australia

Anyone have any ideas who is likely to be in their squad. Are there many Australian based in the team.

More Australians than actual Irishmen.

Kyle Amor should be in there. The Grix brothers too. I'd be surprised if there are too many bolters in the squad as I doubt the Irish have got the resources to research and then persuade unknown Irish qualified players from the NRL to join their squad.

Great game when they played Samoa in 2008 & England in 2000, so hopefully there will be some more good memories from Ireland this time too.

Kyle Amor should be in there. The Grix brothers too. I'd be surprised if there are too many bolters in the squad as I doubt the Irish have got the resources to research and then persuade unknown Irish qualified players from the NRL to join their squad.

Great game when they played Samoa in 2008 & England in 2000, so hopefully there will be some more good memories from Ireland this time too.

The problem is they never seem to kick on domestically on the back of these WC displays.

The problem is they never seem to kick on domestically on the back of these WC displays.

It'll be a slow process in Ireland. I guess with what they have got, you would try and get their community clubs solid enough and then build a youth structure below that. That'll take time & money and whilst there is plenty of time, I'm not sure there is much money!

Has there ever been a serious five/six nations tge year after the world cup? If there was maybe theyd retain the bulk of the WC squad and then give England close games like they did in 2000. I often wonder if we'd have lost the 2000WC quarter if it had been in Dublin

Has there ever been a serious five/six nations tge year after the world cup? If there was maybe theyd retain the bulk of the WC squad and then give England close games like they did in 2000. I often wonder if we'd have lost the 2000WC quarter if it had been in Dublin

There is a new structure being discussed for international rugby league in the northern hemisphere. It sounded like a Davis Cup scenario, but we need more details.

I'd favour groups of 4 to give three games each season. Bottom of the group gets relegated, with matches to be played over the summer ahead of the autumn internationals.

There is a new structure being discussed for international rugby league in the northern hemisphere. It sounded like a Davis Cup scenario, but we need more details.

I'd favour groups of 4 to give three games each season. Bottom of the group gets relegated, with matches to be played over the summer ahead of the autumn internationals.

I proposed something like that about ten years ago.

Liam Finn is the captain, I'm sure there'll be a fair few other semi pros too

Liam Finn is the captain, I'm sure there'll be a fair few other semi pros too

liam harrison should be in the squad, barrow player, brother of ben.

dave allen, kurt haggery, eamon o'carroll................

George Flanagan would be a good call for Ireland. Can't see him getting s look in, though.