Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

SO.... picking england players on form

149 posts in this topic

Ablett isn't good enough for England. He may have great workrate, good tackle technique and strength but he seriously lacks pace and skill for international level. Good back up if a few players get injured. Burrow yes very dangerous although probably not his best game today. Sinfield, Watkins and Hall other must haves from Leeds.

Ablett isn't good enough for England. He may have great workrate, good tackle technique and strength but he seriously lacks pace and skill for international level. Good back up if a few players get injured. Burrow yes very dangerous although probably not his best game today. Sinfield, Watkins and Hall other must haves from Leeds.

...... Noooo!! I've taken the bait... weakness - I must be stronger....

"Sinfield" & "must have"......??

We have much better options at 6,7,9 & 13 so how is he a "must have" ???

It's one if the greatest myths of this century to date. I just don't get it.

superb leader, versatile enough to play 4 positions, great kicking game and the best place kicker in the competition as well as a model professional makes him pretty much a no brainer of a pick. Arguably the most important player in the best team in SL over the last 7 years.

superb leader, versatile enough to play 4 positions, great kicking game and the best place kicker in the competition as well as a model professional makes him pretty much a no brainer of a pick. Arguably the most important player in the best team in SL over the last 7 years.

Versatile to play in 4 positions but with less impact than any of several players in each of those positions on any given day...

His performances at international level lack quality.

Lets see how he goes over the next 2 months

That's the biggest myth right there.

He's won MOM in his last two games against NZ for starters

That's the biggest myth right there.

He's won MOM in his last two games against NZ for starters

Because that sponsors award always goes to the right player doesn't it..?

I've seen him too many times in the halves or at 13 look outclassed & his fabled kicking game has looked like that of a 13 year old. I might turn a blind eye if he was at 9 but that's a snub to Roby, Lunt etc

Versatile to play in 4 positions but with less impact than any of several players in each of those positions on any given day...

Lets see how he goes over the next 2 months

Did you see the cover tackle he produced on the Saints winger. That saved the game. Awareness,positional sense and technique made up for his lack of physical gifts.

Hall has done nothing special in the past two games, actually I think he's been poor, especially that non-tackle on Westwood last week.

Sinfield is the Current Golden Boot winner and that makes him the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!

No more debate necessary.

As I was watching the game last night and Burrow's running at times, I thought I'd probably be happier to give Daryl Clark that role, if indeed we needed one.

how about danny maguire in the halves with kev???...and rob burrow at 14 replacing roby in spells

how about danny maguire in the halves with kev???...and rob burrow at 14 replacing roby in spells

Jeeeezuus!

I hope that was a joke!

Ablett lacks pace,really.He's pretty quick for a back rower,certainly quicker than some that are apparent automatic selections.As for Burrow,a one trick pony who has been found out.Poor distribution and a mediocre kicking game.

Well apart from the NRL players this theoretically should be the England team on form.

1. Sam Tomkins

2. Josh Charnely

3. Leroy Cudjoe

4. Ben Crooks

5. Tom Lineham

6. Danny Brough

7. Matty Smith

8. Jamie Peacock

9. Shaun Lunt

10. Eorl Crabtree

11. Danny Kirmond

12. Brett Ferres

13. Sean O Loughlin

My team would be:

1. Sam Tomkins

2. Josh Charnley

3. Leroy Cudjoe

4. Kallum Watkins

5. Ryan Hall

6. Gareth Widdop

7. Danny Brough

8. James Graham

9. Shaun Lunt

10. Eorl Crabtree

11. Danny Kirmond

12. Ben Westwood

13. Sam Burgess

14. Danny Houghton

15. George Burgess

16. Tom Burgess

17. Sean O Loughlin

Mcnamaras team:

1. Sam Tomkins

2. Tom Briscoe

3. Jack Reed

4. Kallum Watkins

5. Ryan Hall

6. Rangi Chase

7. Kevin Sinfield

8. James Graham

9. James Roby

10. Sam Burgess

11. Gareth Ellis

12. Ben Westwood

13. Sean O Loughlin

14. Rob Burrow

15. Eorl Crabtree

16. Adrian Morley

17. Jamie Jones Buchanan

Doesn't mean he wouldn't play for England.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't play for England.

Didn't he make it clear that he wanted to be first choice selection for England and when the coach said no,he chose Scotland.

Although great prospects there's no way Crooks or Lineham are ready for international RL. I cringe when some of these names get bandied about after a few good games. The same with Walmsley at Saints he's had a great season and is coming on a storm but he is not good enough to be facing the Aussies or Kiwis yet. These lads need to learn their trade first.

Although great prospects there's no way Crooks or Lineham are ready for international RL. I cringe when some of these names get bandied about after a few good games. The same with Walmsley at Saints he's had a great season and is coming on a storm but he is not good enough to be facing the Aussies or Kiwis yet. These lads need to learn their trade first.

This.