Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

SO.... picking england players on form

149 posts in this topic

McGuire isn't quick enough anymore.

As opposed to that other halfback, Sinfield, you must be kidding.

As opposed to that other halfback, Sinfield, you must be kidding.

Pace is the one of the few reasons I say Sinfield shouldn't be in the side. If you don't have pace you can't be an international half back.

Pace is the one of the few reasons I say Sinfield shouldn't be in the side. If you don't have pace you can't be an international half back.

Says who?

I agree with that although I think Sinfiled should operate at loose forward and hooker for England, not halfback, and is deadly goal kicking is another arrow in his quiver.

I fully agree with this.

I agree with that although I think Sinfiled should operate at loose forward and hooker for England, not halfback, and is deadly goal kicking is another arrow in his quiver.

Shouldn't be in the side is probably wrong, shouldn't be at half back is probably correct. Wouldn't go for him at loose either, I'd either go for another prop like Sam Burgess or Sean O Loughlin at 13 if we want someone with some ball handling and organisation. Hooker is where I'd put him if he MUST be in the side due to captaincy. His pace won't be exposed too much and can still use his attributes of organisation, leadership and kicking. There must be a Hooker on the bench who can interchange with him though to take advantage of the easy metres towards the end of the first half and end of the game when the forwards begin to tire.

Shouldn't be in the side is probably wrong, shouldn't be at half back is probably correct. Wouldn't go for him at loose either, I'd either go for another prop like Sam Burgess or Sean O Loughlin at 13 if we want someone with some ball handling and organisation. Hooker is where I'd put him if he MUST be in the side due to captaincy. His pace won't be exposed too much and can still use his attributes of organisation, leadership and kicking. There must be a Hooker on the bench who can interchange with him though to take advantage of the easy metres towards the end of the first half and end of the game when the forwards begin to tire.

He will start at 6 and move to hooker during the game, just as he is doing for Leeds.

Says who?

I don't have the effort to explain it, but surely if you watch the game you could understand why?

I don't have the effort to explain it, but surely if you watch the game you could understand why?

You stated it as a fact, but it just isn't, there has been various international halfbacks who weren't speed machines.

Anyway as i say, he will play a lot of time at dummy half even though he has six on his back.

there has been various international halfbacks who weren't speed machines.

They made up for this by being really good.

Round in circles again.Danny Brough is Scottish,Sinfield is England Captain.Some of you don't like it,some do.Some think they can do a better job than the current England coach,go ahead and do it.Get your coaching badges,work your through the ranks and let's see how good a job you can do.

You stated it as a fact, but it just isn't, there has been various international halfbacks who weren't speed machines.

Anyway as i say, he will play a lot of time at dummy half even though he has six on his back.

Having pace isn't the same as being a speed machine.

Sinfield can't exploit a gap and it completely hinders the England attack. If you would like me to explain how I'll happily do so.

Sinfield can't exploit a gap and it completely hinders the England attack. If you would like me to explain how I'll happily do so.

Please do,I'm sure I've seen Sinfield exploit gaps and score and set up tries many times.

From what I have seen, Sinfield exploits gaps much better when playing hooker and talking the ball from acting half back.

Look, we get it, you don't agree with him being picked, you think you know better than the current England coach and all the other coaches that have picked Sinfield at halfback.

From what I have seen, Sinfield exploits gaps much better when playing hooker and talking the ball from acting half back.

Yet apparently he can't exploit gaps,which is it?

Yet apparently he can't exploit gaps,which is it?

I never said he couldn't exploit gaps.

I never said he couldn't exploit gaps.

I know you didn't but someone has stated he can't,two of us have now said he can and does.Someone must be wrong,surely.

I think a good example of him exploiting a gap was in the Exiles match this year when he took the ball from dummy half and ran about 30 yards. He was playing hooker at that point in time. I do not agree with him playing Stand off or Scrum half considering the players we have, but as a hooker, organising play he would be excellent.

Look, we get it, you don't agree with him being picked, you think you know better than the current England coach and all the other coaches that have picked Sinfield at halfback.

Entitled to my opinion as everyone else is.

McNamara thinks Sinfield is the best half back we have which is fine. The Albert Goldthorpe medal table disagrees with that, the people who selected the dream team disagree with that and the same for the people who picked the man of steel contenders and also many other SL coaches which again is there opinion.

Again your opinion is up to you aswell. If you think Sinfield is the best option then that's also your opinion. But pretty much everything points to other options apart from himself. The flaws in his game are obvious to see. He is not very quick which I believe will impact the England side, you do not agree which again is your opinion.

You can disagree with an opinion without thinking yours is better.

Read the thread title and answer it like I did.

I just wonder how Leeds have managed all theses years with such a poor player at half back.

And honestly you do need to get over the fact Brough has decided he's Scottish.