Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

Newcastle v Melbourne - spoilers likely

30 posts in this topic

There'll be a few moans about this being on here, but I think it's relevant for the World Cup.

Real tough game early doors, Newcastle leading 6-4 at the moment. The thing England need to be aware of is the dirty tricks that players like Smith, Slater and Cronk get away with. We've already seen Slater staying down to win a penalty, and all three players ranting and raving at the referee. Time for McNamara to start thinking about how to intimidate the officials, as Australia will already have their plan written. Throw in the unpleasant Thurston and we'll be fighting against 14 men again, like in 2011.

There'll be a few moans about this being on here, but I think it's relevant for the World Cup.

Real tough game early doors, Newcastle leading 6-4 at the moment. The thing England need to be aware of is the dirty tricks that players like Smith, Slater and Cronk get away with. We've already seen Slater staying down to win a penalty, and all three players ranting and raving at the referee. Time for McNamara to start thinking about how to intimidate the officials, as Australia will already have their plan written. Throw in the unpleasant Thurston and we'll be fighting against 14 men again, like in 2011.

Give it up Mate.

I guess no English players whine at the Ref?

I could name a few that never stop whining.

Newcastle came out of the blocks fast and deserve to be ahead, this should go down to the wire.

It's like they're pre-programmed.

Good to see Danny Buderus running the show, 35, ex Leeds. Looked up to Sinfield, the best player in the world.

Good to see Danny Buderus running the show, 35, ex Leeds. Looked up to Sinfield, the best player in the world.

Thats it.

King Kev is what added the finishing touch to Buderus game,  ;)

This Slater lad's no good under the high ball.

Shush he's in the NRL he catches everything

Storm have been rubbish in the last few weeks....very much out of form. Even if they somehow win this I think they'll get smashed next week. And I'm a storm fan!

From an England point of view another week for Melbourne meens another week for Gareth Widdop to show some form

Slater has been past his best for 2 or 3 years, still good but has lost his edge and acceleration that made him so dangerous in broken play.

I wish him well but I am not worried if  he is not the Kangaroo Fullback.

Slater has been past his best for 2 or 3 years, still good but has lost his edge and acceleration that made him so dangerous in broken play.

I wish him well but I am not worried if he is not the Kangaroo Fullback.

With Cronk and Slater though the fact he times his run perfectly gives him that half a second edge over the defence which is vital.

With Cronk and Smith playing I'd go for Slater, Cherry Evans playing instead of Cronk I'd maybe look elsewhere.

Feel like I've spent three hours watching Melbourne players on the floor. They should sign Steve Matai; he'd fit in well.

Lovely stuff. Now get Widdop on a plane before the Aussies find an operation they can make him have.

Feel like I've spent three hours watching Melbourne players on the floor. They should sign Steve Matai; he'd fit in well.

You were right about Slater feigning injury though.

He only stayed down about a dozen more times even when his side was on the front foot.

Maybe its the end of a tough season and nearly all players are carrying some sort of injury. are you surprised when so many players do not play in the end of season Test matches to go under the knife to fix problems they have carried for weeks at the end of the season.

Whats the odds one or more English players in the NRL can not be selected for the WC due to surgery?

Good win for the Knights but I can't see them getting any further. Hope I am wrong as they deserve a bit of success.

Lovely stuff. Now get Widdop on a plane before the Aussies find an operation they can make him have.

You are slightly simple it seems.

If you need an operation what do you think may change that?

In "Aussies" do you mean the general population or the ARL or perhaps the Melbourne Storm? (they do not give a rats ass as Widdop has moved to the Dragons)

Good win for the Knights but I can't see them getting any further. Hope I am wrong as they deserve a bit of success.

They may surprise a few people and get to the final, they have a well balanced team and a good Coach