Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sir HaRoLd FaCey

Chokers

246 posts in this topic

Be nice to be rumbling around an empty stadium next week.

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

It is a lot more than that if you are a diehard fan of a particular club.

To lose is bad especially if you are not expecting it.

Well done to Batley however.

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

The ref made some mistakes but

Don't blame the ref we were in a winning position and we let it slip. Well done Batley you played better in second half and won good luck next week

Think ref played a big part in it , got them down field for 2 tries an was bent as they come at play the ball an offsides

Posted · Hidden by Jimmy B, September 22, 2013 - Attemping to goad Rovers fans

Think ref played a big part in it , got them down field for 2 tries an was bent as they come at play the ball an offsides

Eh dear.  Ref's fault.  Who'd've thought it ?

Ref was poor at times but he is not the one tackling, batley deserved it for that second half showing, can,t let 18-0 and 20-6 leads slip away at home in a s-f

Fair doos then refs don't have any influence on outcome and turning of games then, i must a bi missing summat playin coachin an watchin game over 40 year

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.[/quote

Not as daft as yours]

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.

We did not receive one penalty for offside but Batley had countless. They got a wiped tackle count or a charge down and we didn't. Their last try was one his back with a player underneath yet he grounds the ball. Crapola.

good look batley next week think the gate money will be well down tho the 100 fans from sheff and maybe 400 from datley i'd say the att next week won't top 3000

good look batley next week think the gate money will be well down tho the 100 fans from sheff and maybe 400 from datley i'd say the att next week won't top 3000

As I've posted on another forum, we took over 2000 fans to Blackpool in 2010 for the NR Final. I'm confident we'll do that again. Amazing where fans spring from in our turn when glory is on the cards - and the prospect of a booze up.

Discipline shocking today! Barlow especially! 3 pens gave away all for headshots one included trying to break Alex Rowes neck!

Got nothing and deserved nothing 16-0 up and all over them then get a penalty and take 2 - how negative was that?

Long best coach in world when 40-0 up but totally schooled by kear today on how to coach a team playing in a pressure game

I said it last season and ill say it again - is 1st a poison chalice? Yet again we come up short following a week or two off - we looked out on our feet at times in the second half whereas Batley steamrolled us and looked the more fitter

I find it no suprise that both finalists havent had a week off since the playoffs began

Bet you were singing championees like you were three weeks ago.

Champions of what???

Lol lol

A ###### system , that rewards consistency with nothing

Discipline shocking today! Barlow especially! 3 pens gave away all for headshots one included trying to break Alex Rowes neck!

Got nothing and deserved nothing 16-0 up and all over them then get a penalty and take 2 - how negative was that?

Long best coach in world when 40-0 up but totally schooled by kear today on how to coach a team playing in a pressure game

I said it last season and ill say it again - is 1st a poison chalice? Yet again we come up short following a week or two off - we looked out on our feet at times in the second half whereas Batley steamrolled us and looked the more fitter

I find it no suprise that both finalists havent had a week off since the playoffs began

Think we need you as coach

Well done Batley..We were well out-coached by Kear in second half; To come back from 18-0 down was a credit to their team; We were simply stifled in attack and never made a telling break in second half; I think Finn made the right decision to make it 18-0 with a penalty and it looked to be the right decision until we gave a silly penalty away right near the end;

As usual, the "second half" syndrome took over.. Well done Batley, they fully deserved it. They gave us a lesson on how to survive an onslaught, weather it and then hit back. Its getting rather frustrating and soul destroying, to say the least, to witness the team playing good footie, taking a commanding lead and then fritter it all away, (again). I feel that even achieving a slight victory today, on this performance we would have stood no chance against Sheffield.

Mellars and Barlow, IMO are simply not playing for the club. and I think we were clutching at straws when we signed them.

The forwards played their hearts out but we had no follow up from the halves. One man rugby second half.

Dubious decisions from the ref at times, but I for one will not lay the blame at the officials door.

Second half performance indicated a team who could not wait for the end of the season. 

Was thinking exactly the same! Will be the smallest ever crowd for the Championships finals day!

Was thinking exactly the same! Will be the smallest ever crowd for the Championships finals day!

At least give them credit for getting there

Both sides are in the final on merit, espescially Batley winning away at Leigh & Fev.

Imagine the RFL won't be happy from a 'revenue' point of view, at Halifax in the NRC final, Eagles took a few hundred fans - imagine how many will trek over to Lancashire. Crusaders took more fans for the 'plate final' then what Sheffield took. Imagine there will be more fans for the 'champ one' Oldham v Rochdale game, than the main event....as Metallica one sang "Sad But True". At a push there maybe a combined total of 1000 Batley/Sheffield fans,