Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sir HaRoLd FaCey

Chokers

246 posts in this topic

Both sides are in the final on merit, espescially Batley winning away at Leigh & Fev.

Imagine the RFL won't be happy from a 'revenue' point of view, at Halifax in the NRC final, Eagles took a few hundred fans - imagine how many will trek over to Lancashire. Crusaders took more fans for the 'plate final' then what Sheffield took. Imagine there will be more fans for the 'champ one' Oldham v Rochdale game, than the main event....as Metallica one sang "Sad But True". At a push there maybe a combined total of 1000 Batley/Sheffield fans,

So what?

Both sides are in the final on merit, espescially Batley winning away at Leigh & Fev.

Imagine the RFL won't be happy from a 'revenue' point of view, at Halifax in the NRC final, Eagles took a few hundred fans - imagine how many will trek over to Lancashire. Crusaders took more fans for the 'plate final' then what Sheffield took. Imagine there will be more fans for the 'champ one' Oldham v Rochdale game, than the main event....as Metallica one sang "Sad But True". At a push there maybe a combined total of 1000 Batley/Sheffield fans,

I've posted this before, but here goes again - we sold just under 2500 tickets for the 2010 NR Final. Woodwork fans maybe, but I'd suggest they'll all be there again for what is a bigger game.

After the match John Kear said they had been rehearsing drop goal plays all week, with Flanagan as a 3rd option because Fev would be closing down on Black and Moore. We only had Finn, who wasn't given space and rushed his kicks. He should have been taking the single point earlier in the game, however,to turn the extra two points from the penalty into three, but it's always wise after the event. Full credit to the Bulldogs for a magnificient fightback!

So the Fevalution grinds to a shuddering halt yet again. How absolutely hilarious.

Well done Batley.

Batley deserved the win today but the Fevalution won't stop we are still a top championship side and going in the right direction and it will continue with the people we have in charge

absolute rubbish and i'm a neutral,They absolutely dominated you in the second half as you dominated them in the first. They upped the ante in the second half and fev simply could not stay with them....your post is laughable.

Second half we were out muscled in the forwards, outplayed in the half backs and nullified in the threequartgers. Our kicking game was poor and we seemed incapable of catching a high ball that gave Batley field position. Our attempts at drop goals were pathetic. We were totally lacking in ideas in the second half and resorted to 5 trundles and a kick which they took every time. Yes the ref did make mistakes but not as many as us. Well done Batley and good look in the final. Any chance of us recruiting John Kear?

Was thinking exactly the same! Will be the smallest ever crowd for the Championships finals day!

It highlights how well both teams have done in reaching the final. Since promotion to the Super League was scrapped the attendances for Grand Finals have been poor including the finals involving Featherstone. Batley getting to the Final is good for the game. 

Batley fans on the Featherstone fans site after you've just beat them....shock/horror !!!!!

You'll take more fans than Sheffield (not difficult), but just spoke to Ralph Rimmer, he's in tears......bless ! :tongue:

So the Fevalution grinds to a shuddering halt yet again. How absolutely hilarious.

Well done Batley.

The fevolution is an on and off the field , ongoing project that has seen us in 4 finals and winning 4 league leaders shields as well as developing our OWN OWNED stadium and facilities into better than many superleague clubs , so if you think thats hillarious you need to change your school tommorrow buddy

Well done Batley.

The fevolution is an on and off the field , ongoing project that has seen us in 4 finals and winning 4 league leaders shields as well as developing our OWN OWNED stadium and facilities into better than many superleague clubs , so if you think thats hillarious you need to change your school tommorrow buddy

Well done Batley.

League points Fev 70 Batley 57 go figure!!

There may be more neutrals at the final with fev not being there

Why ?

They were never in it Griff until the second half when the penalties started to flow. Complete and utter bull, a more one sided refereeing performance I have not seen all season.

Oh come on get a grip. Watch the DVD back and you watch JUST your team and imagine they are ANOTHER team you will see loads of horrible things going on in the tackles,3rd man flopping, 3rd man tackling around thighs, illegal. As I say gerra grip. Accept you lost but have WON the proper trophy, ie The League. Well Done.

you're not liked by many other than your own

Same reason as why not many like Man Utd its called success;

, 3rd man tackling around thighs, illegal. .

no it's not. only if it's done with intent to cause injury. (cannonball tackle)

Well done to Batley. Also well done to the Eagles, enjoy your day in the Sun, at least the bogs won't catch fire.. Two things happened to me this year that puts a game if Rugby League into perspective, Fev will survive to both disappoint and amaze us all again. It has been a terrible season off of the field and I for one think thst Rovers have done well considering the turmoil.

Oh aye and well done Gareth Moore, people haven't mentioned the two amazing touchline conversions from either side as well as the pressure pen at the death.

As for the ref he was ###### for both sides, the thing that concerned me was the amount of headshots and nasty tackles that were ongoing.

At least we won't lose in the p hissing down gloom of Halliwell Jones this year.

By the way someone (a batley fan) quite rightly mentioned how Batley can't defend dab throughs on the last tackle, I don't think we did one today.

Lol jealousy eh

Have you done a survey

Have you done a survey

I think you're right G. It's much like Man United are hated. It's funny how we had loads and loads of backslappers in April last year.

Green eyed half wit

Green eyed half wit

He's just a can a pop , full a gas

I think you're right G. It's much like Man United are hated. It's funny how we had loads and loads of backslappers in April last year.

Thats right ,

why cant we rise above some of the crapola on here.....be gracious in defeat as well as victory.....we are becoming the most hated club/fans, if we aren't already, outside the SL......all this ###### about the officials and the crowd next sun etc....one thing's for sure, we aren't there...we blew it/choked or whatever ya wanna call it....the 2 best teams in the play off are....they will just laugh at the stuff that's wrote on here....get over it...move on