Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sir HaRoLd FaCey

Chokers

246 posts in this topic

League points Fev 70 Batley 57 go figure!!

Means nothing in play-off football. Absolutely nothing. We're just playing to the rules, just like the Rhinos do, year in year out.

Good to see you taking defeat so well. Shame you can't take it on the chin in the same classy way your fellow Fev fans have.

why cant we rise above some of the crapola on here.....be gracious in defeat as well as victory.....we are becoming the most hated club/fans, if we aren't already, outside the SL......all this ###### about the officials and the crowd next sun etc....one thing's for sure, we aren't there...we blew it/choked or whatever ya wanna call it....the 2 best teams in the play off are....they will just laugh at the stuff that's wrote on here....get over it...move on

very well said

why cant we rise above some of the crapola on here.....be gracious in defeat as well as victory.....we are becoming the most hated club/fans, if we aren't already, outside the SL......all this ###### about the officials and the crowd next sun etc....one thing's for sure, we aren't there...we blew it/choked or whatever ya wanna call it....the 2 best teams in the play off are....they will just laugh at the stuff that's wrote on here....get over it...move on

I don't think you're hated at Batley!

I always enjoy my visits to Featherstone, especially today. Generally the comments on the Featherstone forum are balanced and rounded.

The comments tonight are to be expected, after such a close match.

Certainly not hated by me either!

you're not liked by many other than your own

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them, 

I do think that we missed the defensive qualities of Andy Bostock & Tim Spears today.

Ths Bulldogs forwards were big guys and although the Rovers forwards on the pitch gave their all, we were still playing with only 2 officially recognised props.! (Crossley & James)

Fair play to the Bulldogs as they stuck to their task but I can't help but feel that a number of key decisions went against us e.g The blatant forward pass for one of the second half Bulldogs try which I was directly in line with... a joke!.

Best of luck to Batley and hope you win the final

If a bit a banters all it takes to get us hated , summats wrong ,i could have taken the batley fans singing we are top of the league as a wind up at the end as crapola an hated batley , but i didn't cos it would have been daft .

Are you for real pal? 

I'm sure I speak for the majority of the 'Dog fans in saying the only disappointing thing about today was knocking our 2nd favourite team out.

I only wish we'd met Fev in the final. There is no better away ground than PO Road (I still can't bring myself to call it "Big fellas") or a better set of fans in RL. They're amongst the best fans in the league. Fev's a 'proper' rugby town. The well wishing from most of the fans we spoke to after the game speaks volumes. 

I've loved Fev ever since Agar brought the Challenge Cup to show us in Drighlington on training night when I was a young 'un playing in the under 9's, not every club would go out of their way like that for a club miles away and nothing to gain.

Fev epitomise everything that makes RL great, SL hasn't been the same without them,

What a wonderful heartwarming post. Thank you.

Are you for real pal?

Great post

Are you for real pal? 

Agreed. Said to some of the Fev fans around me it was a real shame that wasn't the final today. A great advert for PROPER rugby league between two traditional clubs with bags of history.

Are you for real pal? 

Thank you very much, and good luck for the final

Are you for real pal? 

What a lovely post that is and obviously spoken from the heart; When teams are at the top for so long it becomes human nature for some fans of other clubs to become envious; Fev will have ups and downs in years to come like all clubs and soon it will be another club up there ready to be pulled down; Well played to both teams today and congratulations Batley on a marvellous come back;

Just to bring the 'love in' down a notch, today I realised that Rugby League second behind Soccer is still terrible for having one eyed supporters. It hacks me of each week people blaming the ref this was forward that was high etc. I as a person hate this, I have a controlled passion about my team winning, but the moaning from both sets of supporters today in the main stand really bored me sh hitless. It's like reading Man United/ Liverpool/ Leeds fans opinions on twitter. Maybe it's a northern parochial thing that brings the three year olds out in us. We had an attack after about 25 mins when we were in Batley's 10 metre area, a batley hand got in the way of our move and we regathered, some thug next to me and my todler, was fing and blinding about it being a knock on as the Ref quite rightly signalled play on and back to one as we regathered. We then gave up possession as we had no acting half back at the next play, Fing Justice he mused, I've mellowed with age and responsibility so rather than calling him a w anchor, I very very slowly in words of one syllable explained the rule to him, I had no pen or paper to produce Neanderthal drawings so I just shook my head and walked away and thought What at Tewat.

You know who you are Black greasy curly hair Sid the Sexist lookalike.

i understand Batley conceded a try against Leigh that was blatantly forward, so if they scored one today from a forward pass, they're not gonna complain are they.. (i never saw the forward pass by the way)

Just to bring the 'love in' down a notch, today I realised that Rugby League second behind Soccer is still terrible for having one eyed supporters. It hacks me of each week people blaming the ref this was forward that was high etc. I as a person hate this, I have a controlled passion about my team winning, but the moaning from both sets of supporters today in the main stand really bored me sh hitless. It's like reading Man United/ Liverpool/ Leeds fans opinions on twitter. Maybe it's a northern parochial thing that brings the three year olds out in us. We had an attack after about 25 mins when we were in Batley's 10 metre area, a batley hand got in the way of our move and we regathered, some thug next to me and my todler, was fing and blinding about it being a knock on as the Ref quite rightly signalled play on and back to one as we regathered. We then gave up possession as we had no acting half back at the next play, Fing Justice he mused, I've mellowed with age and responsibility so rather than calling him a w anchor, I very very slowly in words of one syllable explained the rule to him, I had no pen or paper to produce Neanderthal drawings so I just shook my head and walked away and thought What at Tewat.

You know who you are Black greasy curly hair Sid the Sexist lookalike.

Not just you Andrew. I was in the family stand in the 2nd half and the moaning at the ref throughout was especially tedious. Don't even start me on some of the conspiracy theories that were about.

If a bit a banters all it takes to get us hated , summats wrong ,i could have taken the batley fans singing we are top of the league as a wind up at the end as crapola an hated batley , but i didn't cos it would have been daft .

Pretty sure the first post Facey is a fax fan too

If anything sums up your second half display its this photo http://gcsports.zenfolio.com/p11831866/h70c1f290#h70c1f290 3 players in the tackle and all can be construed as acting illegally, 3 man tackle with a possible attempt to rip the ball out, dangerous tackle from behind and as for Barlow, say no more but get shut of him.

Wow Gaz, great pic, pretty much damning evidence that

Highly likely , good luck sunday

Too right I am. Just thought i would share some love from us fax fans. I'm simply repeating the  Fev fans from our forum on Thursday night. Priceless  :happy:

Too right I am. Just thought i would share some love from us fax fans. I'm simply repeating the Fev fans from our forum on Thursday night. Priceless :happy:

Fair doos , whatever floats your boat , if it makes you happy bless you

Fair doos , whatever floats your boat , if it makes you happy bless you

When your fans mock us for "choking " and then you do it yourself? Of course it floats my boat and it makes me very happy. 

All part of the banter. 

Barlow contributing to your down fall put the icing on the cake.

When your fans mock us for "choking " and then you do it yourself? Of course it floats my boat and it makes me very happy.

All part of the banter.

Barlow contributing to your down fall put the icing on the cake.

Yeh well done sammy boy every bit helps when youre toppling the most CONSISTENT side in RL over the last 4 year , an my my youve finally discovered cake in halifax , what next ?