Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shun

Conference challenge trophy

32 posts in this topic

I will have to be at the game. Got friends at both clubs so just hope the best team win. Ive seen games at Rochdale and Oldham in the last few weeks and I saw the pitiful turn out by Sheffield Eagles fans at the Northern Rail final. I really hope amateur fans turn out in force for this game and show the semi-pro clubs what support is really all about!

Should be a cracker billed as the " Battle of the Borough"

Not antagonistic enough. What about Battle for the Crust?

Person from Wigan.

Nothing to do with the large number of pies eaten in Wigan but to do with a miner's strike in the 1920's when all the pits in WIgan and Leigh went on strike. The Wiganers went back and broke the strike, the "Leythers" continued to strike and got better pay and conditions. Therefore the Wiganer's had to "eat humble pie"... so it's a term of abuse from Leythers to Wiganers. The hostility between the two towns stretches back hundreds of years to the civil war when Wigan was Royalists and Leigh were Parliamentarian and continues to this day.

Person from Wigan.

Nothing to do with the large number of pies eaten in Wigan but to do with a miner's strike in the 1920's when all the pits in WIgan and Leigh went on strike. The Wiganers went back and broke the strike, the "Leythers" continued to strike and got better pay and conditions. Therefore the Wiganer's had to "eat humble pie"... so it's a term of abuse from Leythers to Wiganers. The hostility between the two towns stretches back hundreds of years to the civil war when Wigan was Royalists and Leigh were Parliamentarian and continues to this day.

Wiki does have its benefits.

Still doesn't explain why you can't afford a crust? Looking forward to Sunday. Have a good 'un !

True Mick, but the reason they put Lobby in a pastry was because they didn't know what to do with cutlery

True Mick, but the reason they put Lobby in a pastry was because they didn't know what to do with cutlery

Harsh. But oh so true.

Terry think he missed that one lol

Assure you I didn't. The evidence is sat outside the Poundbakery in Wigan town centre. £1 for two. One for each hand! ; )

Christmas nativity cancelled in Wigan, reason being they could not find three wise men and a virgin .

Why do Wigginers go to Spain for their holidays?

For the Piella

Patron Saint of Wigginers; Piethagarus

What's the difference between a Wigan girl and the Titanic ?

Only 1500 went down on the TItanic

Good luck Miners, I hope you feel livelier than I do at this ungodly hour on a Sunday morning

So glad they're televising the game...I'll be rooting for you from Huddersfield...a place on the 'wrong' side of the pennines, but still no where near as bad as Wigan ;)

BITGOD - you must live close to Leigh, you actually call it by it's correct name instead of the silly lobbies that most of Wigooners come out with

BTW - leading at HT 

Wigan

Home to the 2013 FA cup winners 2013 challenge cup winners and 2013 grand finalists too!

Leigh home to the lobby gobblers!

How sweet does the lobby taste today ?

Sam Tomkins eating humble pie on twitter he is better posting on Titter in future ?

Message for Mr Tomkins from the miners lads

WHO ARE YOU. WHO ARE YOU ?

We are the miners the mighty mighty miners .