Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLENNGARY

new coach needed?

12 posts in this topic

According to the league express it looks like Gary Chambers as failed to come to a agreement with the management and that we are after another new coach. Good start for the coming season!

Swinton Lions Coach Paul Kidd says that the club faces a "big week" on several fronts as they prepare for 2014.

The Lions have yet to confirm where they will be playing, or who will be coaching the side, with Gary Chambers having guided them to Championship safety but not having an agreement in place for 2014. 

They have, however, started to talk to players about next season and hope to be in a position to make announcements shortly.

Kidd said: "We've agreed deals with quite a few players and expect them to put pen to paper within the next seven days."

That's what the paper says - I'm not sure it takes us much further forward but I hope Paul Kidd is not the "coach"!

The wait goes on.

So there is a big difference between not having an agreement in place and failing to have reached an agreement.

Can anyone qualify which it is?

So is Chambers going back to his job at Warrington then?

Hang on quite a number on here criticised Gary Chambers appointment and murdered him in his first few weeks...is it any wonder he may not want the job.

Marshy the criticism was based on results, but I accept some fans were more critical than others. To be fair to GC he turned it round very well, whilst asking that players and fans "bought into what he was trying to create". That sounds to me like a long term policy, which makes the current uncertainty more difficult to understand. Unless the issue is simply one of contractual details which are not insurmountable. Certainly don't want to get involved in Barrow's petty pontificating.

Marshy the criticism was based on results, but I accept some fans were more critical than others. To be fair to GC he turned it round very well, whilst asking that players and fans "bought into what he was trying to create". That sounds to me like a long term policy, which makes the current uncertainty more difficult to understand. Unless the issue is simply one of contractual details which are not insurmountable. Certainly don't want to get involved in Barrow's petty pontificating.

The main objection was his Warrington connection

He pretty much proved us all wrong. And pretty much created a new Swinton team by gradually reducing the reliance on dual registered players

I hope he stays and as usual we don't know that he won't

If he doesn't Watson and Billy are waiting in the wings to carry on his good work

The main objection was his Warrington connection

He pretty much proved us all wrong. And pretty much created a new Swinton team by gradually reducing the reliance on dual registered players

I hope he stays and as usual we don't know that he won't

If he doesn't Watson and Billy are waiting in the wings to carry on his good work

. Got to say I agree with this one hundred percent!

I was against GC when he came, but I let him have enough rope.

I now think his disconnection to the Warrington DR has proven his worth, as the true Lions players have proved towards the end of the season. He's a keeper in my opinion.

However, I think recruiting from within the organisation, if he left, as head coach would be detrimental to the cause, as Watson & Billy are too close to the player base structure.