Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

26/09/13 - SL Qual SF: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more

As previously stated too many one eyed fans on here, I sit with a high % in the east stand at HJS and it makes me cringe, but they are not on their own after reading lots of comments on here. Just accept it was a good game with two top sides and the slightly better one just edged it. stop bleating about things that are part and parcel of the game.

Any time Ben Westwood made a tackle and wasn't penalised for messing about in the ruck

Morley trying to kill someone on the giants own line - plus a number of other high shots that he didn't penalise

Giants being made to drop out when it should have been an offside penalty to the Giants (

Scrum to wire on halfway in the last 5 when it should have been a penalty

There were more too

Ben Westwood has probably been one of our most penalised players all year, he regularly has me shouting at the tv.

The rest weren't generous, they were what the ref saw, given an instant replay, from several angles...oh, forget it, you were robbed.

I've read it, a thousand times on here, the losing side gets screwed by the ref. Fact.

Ant doesn't need me to defend him but I've not seen any Hudds fans bleating that they lost because of the ref, to be fair.

If the giants stop giving away penalties Wire will stop calling, but I think were getting pinged for things wire are getting away with :/

First post while match being played.

Refs give what they give because they think something happened or don't think something happened. There should be a law/rule, you want to slag off the ref/question their impartiality, fine, but lets have the list and the time in the game when the supposed incident happened.

You only need to look at the supposed cowardly assault to the back of the head by Briers on Ablett to see fans are generally myopic, biased and fact free.

I've read it, a thousand times on here, the losing side gets screwed by the ref. Fact.

What about the winning team? Plenty of gripes from both all year. Some merited, some not. As a fairly neutral (I don't dislike Wire to anywhere near the same extent as some Wire fans seem to dislike Wigan), I thought Huddersfield were unlucky with a few calls. However no more so than most sides have been at some point over the course of the season. Didn't think it was the difference to the result in any case.

What about the winning team? Plenty of gripes from both all year. Some merited, some not. As a fairly neutral (I don't dislike Wire to anywhere near the same extent as some Wire fans seem to dislike Wigan), I thought Huddersfield were unlucky with a few calls. However no more so than most sides have been at some point over the course of the season. Didn't think it was the difference to the result in any case.

If you replay the game and analyse every tackle, I bet you'd find an infringement of some description every time, on either side. Fans like to moan, always have, always will.

If you replay the game and analyse every tackle, I bet you'd find an infringement of some description every time, on either side. Fans like to moan, always have, always will.

Sometimes with justification, sometimes not. I personally think the standard of officiating has been comparatively poor across the board this season, and I have no axe to grind having done the job myself and knowing how hard it is. If anything it has been marginally better in the playoffs, as there is less room for inconsistency when the refs apply a bit more flexibility.

Anyway, less about the officials. Enjoyed the game last night and the better team won. Hopefully the best team will also win next week (as long as it's Wigan).

The only 2 games I would categorically state whose results were changed by the officials I have seen were the 2 Millenium scandals.

Having not seen the game but nevertheless have very strong feelings on the subject, Wire played the referee far better, but that is all part of the game.

True

And in all cases - and especially wire v giants - the ref didn't drop the ball or miss tackles, or let the ball bounce.

I've no complaints with last nights result, I still think Wire got the rub but the game was there to be won even so

The only 2 games I would categorically state whose results were changed by the officials I have seen were the 2 Millenium scandals.

Having not seen the game but nevertheless have very strong feelings on the subject, Wire played the referee far better, but that is all part of the game.

:biggrin: