Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Lech Walesa - Germany and Poland should unite

18 posts in this topic

He's right about one thing, nation states are an anachronism.

I wonder what Alex Salmond thinks?

Where do you get the notion that Salmond thinks?

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany an Poland on tour with my band. I don't think either lot would welcome this. I've been amazed at the level of abuse that the Dutch dish out about the Belgians, an that the Flemish speaking Belgians about the French speakers etc.

Where do you get the notion that Salmond thinks?

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany an Poland on tour with my band. I don't think either lot would welcome this. I've been amazed at the level of abuse that the Dutch dish out about the Belgians, an that the Flemish speaking Belgians about the French speakers etc.

Just a light hearted thought.Lech Walesa is coming up with this proposal just as Salmond wants little Scotland to split from the UK

He is arguably right with this comment:

"He suggested that current international systems were now defunct, saying the United Nations and NATO were the “ideas of an old era” and “badly organised”.

Telegraph article - That might not go down too well with some Polish people!

I think Lech Walesa is still having a massive strop because the Polish people didn't share his view that he was chosen by God to rule Poland.

How do you spell it "leibenstraum"?for the Volk

Leibenstraum? Roughly translated as 'belly room'.

I wonder what Alex Salmond thinks?

I've not spoken to him recently, but I'm sure he thinks he has more than enough belly room, thank you very much.

Just a light hearted thought.Lech Walesa is coming up with this proposal just as Salmond wants little Scotland to split from the UK

At a guess I would say his thoughts would go something like this...

"Self determination for the Polish nation, I am all for it, even if that nation determines that they want political union with their neighbours in the German Federal Republic. But, for pity's sake, DO NOT use the Treaty of Union 1706 as a basis for your new marriage." ;)

He is probably on to something there, but until we can safely come to some other arrangements it's probably best not to create such constitutional monstrosities as Germany-Poland.

He is probably on to something there, but until we can safely come to some other arrangements it's probably best not to create such constitutional monstrosities as Germany-Poland.

If they did away with nation states what would they do about the Eurovision song contest?

Argentina found out that they aren't.

If they did away with nation states what would they do about the Eurovision song contest?

We'd have songs representing different cultural collectives from around Europe.

We'd have songs representing different cultural collectives from around Europe.

Now that would be good.

Representing the association football fan culture of Great Britain ....... A medley of homophobic and sectarian chanting

Now that would be good.

Representing the association football fan culture of Great Britain ....... A medley of homophobic and sectarian chanting

Or, more terrifyingly, Chas'n'Dave.