Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Canada v Usa

27 posts in this topic

Highlights of this game can be seen on Friday at nine on Premier Sports.

USA team announced for Test 4 this weekend: http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/site/eng/news/article.php?id=10242 - Interesting to note that Luke Hume is in there who is an Aussie who has previously represented the Tomahawks but has been more recently been playing rugby union 7s & 15s for the USA.

Which clubs are the players from?  Has there been much chance for the selectors to assess the USARL players?

It looks to me that there are 3 USA Rugby League players in the squad. Casey Clark from Philadelphia Fight and Apple Pope and Brent Shorten from Jacksonville Axemen.

In the last game Matt Clarke (Fight) also played. Kevin Wiggins (Fight) was selected but didn't make the trip.

From the USA Rugby League Akarika Dawn (Axemen) played in game 1, Shane Begin (13s) played in game 2.

The leagues are still split but they have opened up the channels to the national team which is a great start to help things come back together.

Could you tell me the websites of the RL top flight in Canada and the USA?  Or is there a single league of Canada and the USA?

Thank you.  It seems that there are only 8 teams in Canada; and only 6 teams in the USA.  I think that there should be a North American Premier League.

It is barmier than that.  There is also

http://www.amnrl.com/

Which is the official, thought often seen as less credible, USA league.

The USA leagues should merge, to reduce the distances been travelled.  However, merging the Canadian and USA leagues would make the distances completely unmanageable.

In theory yes sigesige.  However, distances (and thus finances) would make that totally impossible.  For instance, the Canadians effectively have two leagues because there are two poles of development which are on either side of their (very large) country.

Thank you.  It seems that there are only 8 teams in Canada; and only 6 teams in the USA.  I think that there should be a North American Premier League.

Wouldn't work financially. Travel costs are a big burden.

I think the fact that most of the players who won this series of games for the USA have been jettisoned from the internaional set up for the USA World Cup team in favour of some quite minor league quality Australians is a slap in the face.

Also, the players who won the USA it's place in the qualifying games, have also been thrown on the scrap heap. its not like the players picked are major NRL or SL stars.

This will set back the USA national team and the team picked for the World Cup will do no better than if domestic players had been persevered with.

I think the fact that most of the players who won this series of games for the USA have been jettisoned from the internaional set up for the USA World Cup team in favour of some quite minor league quality Australians is a slap in the face.

Also, the players who won the USA it's place in the qualifying games, have also been thrown on the scrap heap. its not like the players picked are major NRL or SL stars.

This will set back the USA national team and the team picked for the World Cup will do no better than if domestic players had been persevered with.

This is so disappointing for everyone who believes in expansion. Just ######.

It seems that both Canada and the USA have 2 leagues--east and west.  So there are 4 leagues in North America.  Then, it would be interesting for RL development to have a North America Championship Finals by the 4 teams.  Please tell me your opinion.

It seems that both Canada and the USA have 2 leagues--east and west.  So there are 4 leagues in North America.  Then, it would be interesting for RL development to have a North America Championship Finals by the 4 teams.  Please tell me your opinion.

There is USARL and AMNRL in the US which are different governing bodies

The chair of the usarl has said they are coming together in the us with lots of interest in new teams joining a conference system

There is not much on the west coast just yet in the USA (Some guys trying to get things established in LA, Oregon, Seattle, Utah but only a few games happening each year).

The AMNRL & USARL are east coast based.

I must also mention the enthusiastic guys trying to get things going in the Midwest (Iowa, Chicago, Illinois & Arkansas right now)

Andrew durutola is in the squad was linked with Whitehaven at the weekend anybody know how good he is seen a 3 min youtube video of him looks good what you see on that but I suppose thats only the good bits you see on youtube

From the rumors I have heard, he's never actually played league before. Has a good union background though!

From the rumors I have heard, he's never actually played league before. Has a good union background though!

This may be from Spinner Howland but I'm not sure, got it from another site:

Andrew Durutalo (USA Eagles - The USA UNION Team) - We are unaware of him ever playing Rugby League. Certainly not a single domestic game. If there is anyone who can find evidence of him playing we would like to know