Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

Rugby League Exhibition ( Museum of Wigan Life )

8 posts in this topic

The Museum of Wigan Life, Library Street, WIgan, are putting on a special Rugby League Exhibition to coincide with the Rugby World Cup.

It starts on Saturday 5th OCtober.

More details here :- http://www.wlct.org/default.aspx.LocID-0cs00d00a002.Lang-EN.emID-970.rss-yes.EventID-15662.htm

I will try to provide more details next Friday after I have been to the preview.

I maybe home by then if so I will nip over.Sounds interesting

I've loaned them odds and sods and I know they have an original Jim Sullivan shirt, complete with mud.

They have some stuff on loan from the RFL Archive. Tony Collins has been working with them on it. Promises to be good!

They have some stuff on loan from the RFL Archive. Tony Collins has been working with them on it. Promises to be good!

Yes I've been there when Tony has been down, he was also helping them to see if they could get some stuff from Stevo's collection, don't know how he went on.

Tony, as ever, has been very helpful.

If anyone followed the original link I posted you may have thought this was only on until the 15th October, that date is wrong.

The dates should be 05th October 2013 until 11th January 2014.

WLCT are in the process of getting the correct date onto the website.

This gets better, the opening of the exhibition also coincides with Wigan's Allgates Brewery holding a beer festival for 11 days.

Details are here:- http://www.allgatesbrewery.com/news/the-road-to-wigan-beer-october-2013-beer-festival/

Some absolutely cracking stuff on display. Split fifty fifty between Leigh and Wigan it's small but perfectly formed and does throw up a few surprises.

I would recommend Leythers get down there, some good stuff.