Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XIII

Heineken Super League

29 posts in this topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24224152

With the contempt that RU clubs seem to be treating Heineken with, would it be a good idea to look to them as Blue Chip sponsorship for Super League?

Obviously a number of positives and negatives surrounding this, in that perception wise RL could be seen as second choice, but would this be outweighed by helping to entice more casual viewers to the product on show....

We don't do alcohol sponsors of competitions do we?

Challenge cup?

Don't think we can afford to be picky, we'd even have to look carefully if North Korea Nuclear wanted to stump up some cash

Challenge cup?

Don't think we can afford to be picky, we'd even have to look carefully if North Korea Nuclear wanted to stump up some cash

Oops, forgot about Tetleys. 

I wonder what the process is the RFL go through when securing (or not) sponsors for SL. I assume they are tirelessly speaking to local and national companies extolling the virtues of sponsoring the second most watched club sport on Sky Sports. I wonder why none have thought to take a punt on a relatively cheap sponsorship package.

Always though npower would be a prime candidate, Jet2 might be worth a shout given their base and potential to benefit from supporters flying out to France.

This would be a real positive for the good of our game..... We can only dream.

I like Heineken.

I try forget about the union comp whenever I enjoy a nice, refreshing pint of Holland's finest.

Ahh, Heineken, that's my choice for a tasty lager beer.

:sleep:

I like Heineken.

I try forget about the union comp whenever I enjoy a nice, refreshing pint of Holland's finest.

Ahh, Heineken, that's my choice for a tasty lager beer.

:sleep:

It's muck.

It's muck.

Where there's muck, there's brass.

Always reminds me of Corfu where we referred to it as 'Why not'

Given their seeming willingness to sponsor dog fighting in the far east, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole or drink their muck!

Given their seeming willingness to sponsor dog fighting in the far east, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole or drink their muck!

Based on that viral photo? I never really bothered to look it to it but I would say it's 99.99% likely it's a misleading photo and the dog fights were set up in an area where the Heineken flags were already placed. To think a huge company like Heineken would risk it's reputation for such little reward seems ludicrous to me.

Based on that viral photo? I never really bothered to look it to it but I would say it's 99.99% likely it's a misleading photo and the dog fights were set up in an area where the Heineken flags were already placed. To think a huge company like Heineken would risk it's reputation for such little reward seems ludicrous to me.

Agreed. Although they don't mind risking their reputation with the muck they refer to as beer.

Agreed. Although they don't mind risking their reputation with the muck they refer to as beer.

Or sponsoring that muck called Rugby Union. :P

I would have agreed but on seeing the photo it appeared to show the arena set up for that particularly vile reason. It is also very quickly removed from Facebook pages whenever it is posted with no explanation and I've never seen a statement from them denying it!

Also as previously stated, the product is tasteless too!

Also as previously stated, the product is tasteless too!

Maybe, maybe not but if they poured 100,000,000 or so into RL I would be prepared to compromise by real ale principles and try a galss or two.

It's muck.

True Holland has some nice proper Lager's/Wheat  and Trappist Beer.

Plus the welsh/scot's/irish and Italian clubs could always come over to Super League.

Maybe, maybe not but if they poured 100,000,000 or so into RL I would be prepared to compromise by real ale principles and try a galss or two.

You unprincipled whore

Fosters are the shirt sponsors of Fev and they are owned by Heineken I believe. So they already have some involvement in the game