Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Hunslet and Leeds Dual Registration Thread

terrywebbisgod    1,373

Am quite happy to Stop posting , Once Hunslet Sever the links with LEEDS R.L. Until then I will be a Thorn in your side .........

Maybe if you posted something that actually made sense about duel reg,instead of your usual uninformed garbage,people might start to take you a bit more seriously.

HUNSLET72    32

terry . I ve NO problem with duel reg . I just Dont want ANYTHING to do with Leeds R.L. I am allowed to say this as I TRULY FEAR for my clubs future ........ I remind you of the after dinner speech , made by Mr MC DERMOTT ......

terrywebbisgod    1,373

terry . I ve NO problem with duel reg . I just Dont want ANYTHING to do with Leeds R.L. I am allowed to say this as I TRULY FEAR for my clubs future ........ I remind you of the after dinner speech , made by Mr MC DERMOTT ......

Again,as I've said before,show evidence,not 2nd hand or word of mouth.You have never backed any of your so called "information" up with anything.Ever.

suzzy    200

No wonder none of the regular people who used to come on this forum post anymore same old same old boring boring boring well done for killing this forum it used to be one of the best banter forums on this site now its the I hate LEEDS RHINOS FORUM. Im done coming on here till you give up 72 which I very much doubt hope to see all my banter mates down at post office road Blackpool hawk kings of Leon and the rest .

Penola    12

No wonder none of the regular people who used to come on this forum post anymore same old same old boring boring boring well done for killing this forum it used to be one of the best banter forums on this site now its the I hate LEEDS RHINOS FORUM. Im done coming on here till you give up 72 which I very much doubt hope to see all my banter mates down at post office road Blackpool hawk kings of Leon and the rest .

Couldn't agree more. Even the York fans don't bother now. Bring back Blackhawk, all is forgiven. Where is Superman, New Orleans, Poolie, Iggy Pop and Frisky?

HUNSLET72    32

Come on now posters , Anyone would think I had promised you support and players , that single handed I was the cause of Hunslets relegation . Next you ll be apportioning the blame when the crowds plummet .....

Progman    139

In my opinion you and other loyal Hunslet fans staying away and not being members of hist makes your worries about them over the river more likely to happen I repeat this is just my oponion

maccca-6-    96

In my opinion you and other loyal Hunslet fans staying away and not being members of hist makes your worries about them over the river more likely to happen I repeat this is just my oponion

But geoff it's because of them over the river people are staying away and not joining hist.

sgt pepper    54

But geoff it's because of them over the river people are staying away and not joining hist.

correct! Why would anyone put their money into an organisation where they don't agree with what is going on within it. In my opinion the club had lost the trust of many of it's loyal supporters through the lack of transparency since getting into bed with Leeds. People simply don't like the idea so will stay away and keep hold of their money. I for one am not about to change my mind and the thing is once you stop going you find other things to do. As for comments about people staying away damaging the club HIST Have created this situation not the loyal supporters who are being alienated

maccca-6-    96

Not trying to change opinions I agree with a lot of what you say just don't think staying away is the answer

I no what your saying mate. Personaly I dont blame hist, infact I think they are doing a great job and taking the club forward. That mcdermot speach was the final straw for me tho.

Progman    139

Hist are trying to build for the future while keeping the Club alive as well there's more bookings in the bar than ever before New sponsors talks about a toilet block a community stand all things to take the club forward and the debts are down the more money we raise the more the clubs future and independence is assured oh and we have a strong squad for next season

maccca-6-    96

Hist are trying to build for the future while keeping the Club alive as well there's more bookings in the bar than ever before New sponsors talks about a toilet block a community stand all things to take the club forward and the debts are down the more money we raise the more the clubs future and independence is assured oh and we have a strong squad for next season

Yes geoff!!! Like I said hist ARE doing a good job

HUNSLET72    32

The FACT that  H I S T , the owners, did  not get to vote on the merits of  duel reg , is  Poor ...... We tried it with Leeds for a season . In my opinion they could have done So Much More ...... Thats  life .It should have been seen as a Learning Curve ..... as with  York , We should have moved on ....Mr LILES gave the club to the supporters , wanting The  NAME and  IDENTITY of    HUNSLET   R.L.F.C. to remain intact .  I m sure he could have SOLD the club to  Gary H. should he so desired .................

sgt pepper    54

In my honest opinion it's not the same club anymore. I accept it may have been Leeds or no club but it's as though a different club has been formed and it's a watered down version of Hunslet

HUNSLET72    32

Progman . I much Appreciate the time and Patience you expend putting the  clubs point of view across . . . I  much admire the fact you do this , unlike some , who have  "taken their bat n ball home" .......  For me it matters not who is / is nt  coaching us ... who is /  isnt playing for us ( that said , Id Not go as far as  gabby ? or frisky filly ?  who posted , they d be happy to see the entire Leeds 1st team , as long as they wore our colours ) .Even  If  we Win or Lose .......but...... WE  Must  BREAK FREE  from  LEEDS  R.L.......... otherwise  like  Bramley  . We will be  History ........... And  Gary will have his 1 Rugby team in   the city agenda,  fullfilled ............

Mystic Meg    62

I've followed this thread with interest for a few weeks now, and have been tempted to chip in several times. Because some regulars have now stopped posting, it's now going round in circles, so I hope you welcome some fresh input.

Firstly, I have regular contact with senior management at both clubs, so this is not something I've overheard in the Omnibus.

When dual-reg was first proposed, the board had a decision to make. Either team up with the wealthiest club in RL, or stay defiantly independent, and go out of business. Yup, it's as simple as that. No main club sponsor, an even smaller playing budget, and a large financial deficit.

Had the club gone out of business, you can be sure that the Rhinos would have been the first in, to pick over the bones. So, a decision had to be made, and I can tell you that the only person who has never made a mistake, is the one who never had to make a decision. The board are all fans, and were elected by you, the fans. Every decision is made with the club's best interests in mind.

Knowing the depth of ill-feeling towards Headingley, it was a very brave decision to make, and it would have been much easier to bottle it.

With dual-reg, you're either in it 100%, or you're out in the cold, just as you can't be either slightly dead, or slightly pregnant.

If you don't take the players offered, they'll be playing against you the week after. That said, it was determined that Barry Eaton would have the final say on who did and didn't play, and to be fair there was never any pressure from Headingley.

Financially, it was a "no-brainer" as we had no other viable alternatives.

Rugby league is all about money, and you will all be aware of the financial disasters at both Wakefield and Bradford. If you have wealthy benefactors like Featherstone you can be fully independent, however when you're sleeping rough (so to speak..) you can't be choosy who you lie next to.

Leeds RL are a massive machine that requires oiling on a regular basis, and Gary Hetherington is the best in the business at discovering oil, particularly where there doesn't appear to be any. It is a constant struggle to find new paying customers, and there is only one part of Leeds left to tap into.

As Rolf Harris might say "Can you guess where it is yet ?". That's right boys and girls, it's South Leeds. Now it would be easier to sell bacon sandwiches at the Hamara Centre, than it would to sell Rhino season tickets in Hunslet, so how do they get around that. I'm sure I don't have to draw you a picture........

The board aren't daft, so they will try to exploit that situation to the club's advantage.

I'm aware of what was said by Brian McDermott, but you can't buy something that isn't for sale (ever...).

I read that some fans think that the club has changed, and it's not the same as it was. It's true, the club has changed, it's had to in order to survive.

The board has been restructured, with local businessmen and financial experts brought in to make us more professional. We've got a commercial team on board now that is second to none at this level. An earlier post said that "HIST had performed miracles.." and he was pretty much shouted down. Believe me, from where I was sat, that was no exaggeration.

Some of you have mentioned protesting against dual-reg by staying away next season, that is your choice as long as you do it for the right reasons.

You don't like how the club is run ? Join the board. You don't want to give your money to the Rhinos ? Hunslet do not embark on any joint ventures, unless they are financially beneficial to the club. A case in point is the Christmas lunch at Headingley. Why move it from Elland Road ? Apart from keeping our money in rugby, we got a much better deal, and a larger room to increase the number of tickets we can sell.

You just hate the Rhinos ? You may as well hate the Miami Dolphins, as they operate on a different planet from us. There is a good argument that we are only here today, because of their assistance close season.

I know that you are all passionate Hunslet fans, otherwise you wouldn't take the time to post. You have the choice to either be involved in the resurgence of the club, or read about it in the papers. If you were lucky enough to be in the Phoenix bar last night, you would have seen a young squad of talented local lads, singing, drinking, laughing, and bonding together as a group. I promise you that the coming season will bring the best and most exiting rugby seen in South Leeds for many years.

I predict a very merry Christmas for all of you, and hope to see you at the SLS.

Mystic Meg