Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/10/13 - SLGF: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 6pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

342 posts in this topic

Discuss the Super League Grand Final between Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors here.

Does anyone know what the weather forecast is for Saturday? If it's going to rain, judging by recent form in wet games, I think it would slightly favour Wigan. 

Does anyone know what the weather forecast is for Saturday? If it's going to rain, judging by recent form in wet games, I think it would slightly favour Wigan. 

Raining all week, but Saturday is meant to be dry.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is Wire's year. All things being equal I think the two sides are well matched, but Warrington's experience to be the difference.

We though have experience of winning a Grand Final to draw on.

We will be right. If we reach the same level of performance that we have reached in all the knock out games so far this year, we will be very competitive.

We though have experience of winning a Grand Final to draw on.

We will be right. If we reach the same level of performance that we have reached in all the knock out games so far this year, we will be very competitive.

Do we have that experience though? I bet only 4-5 players will play on Saturday who also played in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, we'll turn up and be very competitive. I just think having just missed out last year, their experienced players will give them the edge.

You could also throw the experience of appearing in and winning two of the last three CC finals. 

The downside of course is that, in the last two seasons, Warrington seem to have the measure of us. 

I've obviously picked Wigan to win, it would be daft to support a team and pick them to lose. But heart winning over head, quite possibly. 

The downside of course is that, in the last two seasons, Warrington seem to have the measure of us. 

It's more than 2 seasons, in fact you have to go back to 2009 for the last time Wigan beat Warrington in Super League, and even then that was the week after Warrington had beat Wigan in the Challenge Cup semi-final and subsequently rested quite a few players for the league match. However, I'm not sure Warrington's recent dominance can prove to be much of an indicator for this match. Both teams have excellent players and it is not hard to envisage the result going either way on the night.

As a neutral, I don't care who wins, I just want the match to be won in the last ten seconds. A wide to Charnley/Richards/Riley/Monaghan* wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

*delete as applicable

I think this will finally be the year Warrington get rid of their bridesmaid tag and win the GF.

I think this will finally be the year Warrington get rid of their bridesmaid tag and win the GF.

I didn't know we had a bridesmaid tag - we've only played in one grand final!

I've started with the nerves already and I think this is a 50/50 game. We are stronger on paper but Wigan have a certain spark that you can't account for.

Whoever wins, I just hope it's decided by a piece of genuine brilliance and not by a mistake. At least if Wigan win, this forum will still be bearable!

Wigan by 1.

In extra time.

I'll settle for that.

Not bothered who wins as long as we get a good game. Think it may be warringtons day last years experience will Deffo help.

I can't see us losing if we bring our A game, but then it's only Tuesday. :)

Really looking forward to this one, all the hallmarks of a classic

I'm on the fence regarding who wins just hoping for a really good spectacle to encourage people to attend world cup games 

Seriously or taking the p155

Trouble is Warrington may bring theirs as well.

Happy position of not caring who wins, depends for me which pack gets on top, Wolves look to have the edge but i wouldn't put money on it. Just want a great game.

I am attending the game but don't hold out much hope to be honest. Wigan's side is dripping with Dream Teamers and England players so you'd have to make them big favourites.

wire by 10............

Here are my thoughts. I am less confident today than yesterday, but still fairly confident.

In Wigan's favour:

- last game for Sam and Pat;

- we have won every big game this year, playing at a tempo and with a combination of quick line speed and crisp execution making us virtually unbeatable;

- in our previous games we were unlucky to lose in Feb and nearly beat them with our A team more recently;

- Wire make a lot of mistakes, and Wigan thrive off others' mistakes.

In Wire's favour, they have a better team.

Here are my thoughts. I am less confident today than yesterday, but still fairly confident.

In Wigan's favour:

- last game for Sam and Pat;

- we have won every big game this year, playing at a tempo and with a combination of quick line speed and crisp execution making us virtually unbeatable;

- in our previous games we were unlucky to lose in Feb and nearly beat them with our A team more recently;

- Wire make a lot of mistakes, and Wigan thrive off others' mistakes.

In Wire's favour, they have a better team.

:biggrin: looking forward to tomorrow's edition!

Pies by at least 4, maybe even 8

Yes I think it could go either way and I'm sitting on the fence.The first twenty minutes will be interesting