Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derwent

Congratulations to the 2 Bretts !

24 posts in this topic

Both Brett Carter and Brett Phillips have been named today in Scotland's official RLWC squad. Congratulations to them both and I'm sure they'll do themselves and the club proud.

And Peter for getting in the Wales squad ... A pretty weak looking squad in all .

I didn't know Scotland had announced their final squad yet . Seen the provisional one . I'd be shocked if an xfactor like Callum who can fill in any central spot like Burrow was omitted .

Wow , two Hendersons I can get for experience ... But Gareth Moore and especially Ben Fisher ( he's retired twice ! ) getting in ahead of Callum ... Shame . Is he nursing an injury ?

Congratulations to both Bretts and Peter on their selections. McCormack must have found Brett C in order to select him!!!!

Wow , two Hendersons I can get for experience ... But Gareth Moore and especially Ben Fisher ( he's retired twice ! ) getting in ahead of Callum ... Shame . Is he nursing an injury ?

Both Moore and Fisher are quality players!

In a squad where you're looking for impact , xfactor and versatility as well as solidity he gets in a 20 odd man squad ahead of at least one of them named .Youve two Hendersons and Addy who is excellent , so Callum would be a more out of the box option to bring on if needed rather than Fisher , who is similar to the Hendersons and steady .They have experience well covered , I'm not saying Fisher is not very good .. .It's something different in the kitbag that's all , especially if you're playing catchup. Callum has youthful exuberance and speed around the ruck and against big packs speed kills . He is xfactor in a final quarter or against tiring sides . .And on a ground and environment he knows inside out ...just my opinion. Shame , being in would have brought him on no end .

Yes and that's another story isn't it !! Fancy Serbia away Peter Wallace ??!!!!

from a purely town perspective, callum not playing and performing in front of a new audience isnt a bad thing. it means hes not interesting other parties to try to lure him away.

I didn't know Scotland had announced their final squad yet . Seen the provisional one . I'd be shocked if an xfactor like Callum who can fill in any central spot like Burrow was omitted .

Hi anychance that you can point me in the direction of this provisional list? Thanks.

Its a real squad now , that can be found anywhere from wikipaedia on . Championship players like Callum , Jackson , Patterson were the likes who were cut .

Just need Tonga now . Looking forward to seeing them .

Its a real squad now , that can be found anywhere from wikipaedia on . Championship players like Callum , Jackson , Patterson were the likes who were cut .

No Jackson and Patterson? Haven fans must be livid that apart from SJP none of their world class superstars will be playing in the World Cup.

Just need Tonga now . Looking forward to seeing them .

the likes of moimoi, manu,willie mason etc are going to be great to watch

Some brilliant players will be here for Tonga

To right Scott , they've got to be a huge draw . Physical and skilful , very crowd pleasing . Konrad Hurrell especially worth watching , if you hadn't seen him check him out on you tube and see why he's called the Hurricane !

Yeah I've seen him a couple of times on premier sports should be a cracker between them and the scots can't wait counting down the days

We might be looking for yet another second row ... Ben Westwood totally cowardly thuggery to spanner a smaller bloke on the deck . But the disciplinary being as it is ...

Tonga name 24 man squad .... Anyone watching the NRL Grand Final will be hugely excited to see Manly wing Jorge Taufua and Roosters colossal winger Daniel Tupou in action , among a powerhouse squad full of NRL talent . On our patch !!

Those bitter and twisted lot from down the road are goinng to be missing watching some top NRL stars playing in Cumbria.