Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nomad XIII

Dog found in Wigan

15 posts in this topic

Hi, bit of a long shot, but I figured there will be people from Wigan here so worth a try.

I found this lad in Wigan on Saturday. I got in touch with Leigh Cats and Dogs Home, who picked him up. He looked happy and well looked after so I was hoping he would be back home rapidly, but I've just called them and no-one has claimed him. He was very friendly and greeted me when I called him, but he has no road sense and kept running into heavy traffic. I was terrified he'd be run over or cause a crash. I wish I could've done more but I was only up from London for the weekend, and the b&b wouldn't let him indoors (though they were very helpful in contacting the home). Please share if you know anyone in the area who may recognise him.

jack.jpg

So who's going to be first to make a joke about dogs in Wigan????

Anyone who does should be hounded off the forum. :ph34r:

Anyone who does should be hounded off the forum. :ph34r:

Not 'arf!

Not enough tattoos. She'd be chipped too.

Photo is of front only,probably has a "tramp stamp" and the electronic tag on her ankle!

Don't tell Joel Monaghan that there is a dog looking for a good home.

Don't tell Joel Monaghan that there is a dog looking for a good home.

Bingo!

My lad's partner's daughter recently asked me if dogs once roamed in packs on our streets years ago. It's something that had been forgotten about because indeed the streets seem to be dog free, apart from when with owners. Also, white dog poo was once the norm, and difficult to detect in the snow!  :tongue:

Hi, bit of a long shot, but I figured there will be people from Wigan here so worth a try.

I found this lad in Wigan on Saturday. I got in touch with Leigh Cats and Dogs Home, who picked him up. He looked happy and well looked after so I was hoping he would be back home rapidly, but I've just called them and no-one has claimed him. He was very friendly and greeted me when I called him, but he has no road sense and kept running into heavy traffic. I was terrified he'd be run over or cause a crash. I wish I could've done more but I was only up from London for the weekend, and the b&b wouldn't let him indoors (though they were very helpful in contacting the home). Please share if you know anyone in the area who may recognise him.

jack.jpgTHE THOUGHT OF YOU TAKING YOUR TRACK SUIT BOTTOMS OFF TO MAKE A LEASH MAKES THE MIND BOGGLE.

THE THOUGHT OF YOU TAKING YOUR TRACK SUIT BOTTOMS OFF TO MAKE A LEASH MAKES THE MIND BOGGLE.

It was a fleece. I was a bit chilly, but I'd forgotten that it was compulsory to wear short sleeves at all times in Wigan on a Saturday night so it worked out OK. Saw a guy walking between pubs in full BARLA kit later that evening.

I tracked down the dogs owners by the way, as you were.