Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamescolin

Batley imports

145 posts in this topic

That's him ! I have a feeling if Chisholm is coming from Leeds that him or the Tongan may be replacing Hardman at full back.....they are both extremely quick

Hoping we keep Hardman , and maybe use him in the centre ?

with smeaton back to full fitness and Worthington I think you probably have two of the best centres in the competition there both have more speed and great footwork so barring injuries these two will be nailed on 3 & 4

Smeaton full fitness? His leg was in a brace at the last game as well as limping around the pitch

There still looks a long way back for him thats if he comes back at all, think thats why we might see some experimental changes with the centre posisiton, think uaisele will go in there personally

Always liked Hardman but think you might have a point about him at fullback. Couldn't seem to catch a ball against Batley from high kicks. Is quite effective at centre but we are now well covered in that department. It will be interesting to see what the new season line up is. The directors say there is to be an announcement re signings. Is the RL Express item it or are more to come?

What size squad are Rovers going to run with next year??

Four from Batley plus Roche, Nicholson, Chisholm, the Tongan bloke...

Must be some money around at POR

We require a top class fullback, IMO. someone who will "run the ball in" at the opposition. Hardman better at centre. Hepworth is not a replacement.

We require a top class fullback, IMO. someone who will "run the ball in" at the opposition. Hardman better at centre. Hepworth is not a replacement.

True would be nice to have another classy fullback like bibby or Collins in this current squad and yes heppys a great player , but definately not at full back .

I think that is all that's missing......it looks like a pretty formidable side being put together with a great backline, a huge set of forwards and a mixture of clever classy halfbacks who can score points...plus 2 or 3 formidable goal kickers and quality backs ups waiting in the wings.

A young Joe Lydon would kill 2 birds with one stone for us ha ha

So what do you reckon now. Kain and Ellis at hooker with Moore and Finn at half back. If Briggs comes back will it be him and the Tongan at centre or will Briggs play loose forwrd. There are so many permatations possible now we also have Mellors (is he stopping}, Worthington, Hepworth etc. The mind boggles at the backs and the forwards possible combinations. Taking the Batley imports into account what would your team be?

Don't think Kain will be hooker the Batley player will be replacing Kaye at hooker with Ellis

I know everybody says that England is on his way to Warrington but isn't he under contract until 2014. Are they leaving it to the end of the contract so we don't get a fee?

i got told england could have played last few games of the season but warrington asked us to not play him for extra cash giveing his shoulder more time to heal but only rumour !!!

Don't think Kain will be hooker the Batley player will be replacing Kaye at hooker with Ellis

I too think Moore and Ellis will rotate at hooker , Kain and Finn 6/7 . Is Briggsy staying ?

I too think Moore and Ellis will rotate at hooker , Kain and Finn 6/7 . Is Briggsy staying ?

I was thinking more of Flanaghan and Ellis. Think Moore was coming in for Finn but as we know Finn didn't want to leave so we will have to see

I was thinking more of Flanaghan and Ellis. Think Moore was coming in for Finn but as we know Finn didn't want to leave so we will have to see

Yes there's a few possibilities , depends what JB has got in mind , I just heard about that combination last week from someone and thought it was a viable option , but wel see , new ideas , new coach may be one or two surprises .

Finn to be back-up for Moore surely!

Finn to be back-up for Moore surely!

Moore will have alot to learn to read the game like Finn does

A message to the the Fev supporters who I spoke to behind the posts.

I really hope you will continue watching Featherstone next season..after signing "Rubbish"

I told you so.... :tongue:

Think Briggs is under contract until 2014

Think Briggs is under contract until 2014

Cheers , be nice to see him back fit next season

I just cannot understand the reasoning behind the Batley imports. If Kear is willing to let the nucleus of his team leave, what have we to gain from the exercise?.

No better than the players we have IMO. Okay, Hirst had a reasonable game in the final but I am afraid that for the bulk of the season, he has not been punching his weight.

I really don't think its a case of kear willing to let they go, he simply had no hope of keeping them. Why would a player turn down bigger money, longer contracts, new facilities, bigger crowds and at a club that are successful and going places. its not really a hard choice I wouldn't have thought.

Exactly

john kear's a canny bloke. he may be taking more DR players from huddersfield, which could be a cheaper option. i think Batley have proved over the years that they are always able to compete. they lost quite a few players last year, but they didn't do too badly this season.

I really don't think its a case of kear willing to let they go, he simply had no hope of keeping them. Why would a player turn down bigger money, longer contracts, new facilities, bigger crowds and at a club that are successful and going places. its not really a hard choice I wouldn't have thought.

Sorry, just not enough talent IMO. At the risk of repeating myself, no better than what we have.and we certainly do not want players coming along for an easy ride.