Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamescolin

Batley imports

145 posts in this topic

Might be too late if promotion and relegation is reintroduced at the end of next season ? ;)

There is relegation but no promotion next year isn't there

Do you reckon they will all get a game against Hunslet?

Yes seen as they are all in the squad

Flanagan,Moore & Hirst all top performers today! Bring on the season :)

Missed the game today much to my disappointment, due to illness. What was the start up line up and did the centres impress please. Mind if the reports are right we have Mellors as well.

Hardman

sharp

worthington

cording

chisholm

bussey

moore

crossley

flanagan

Hirst 

Lockwood

Spears

James

Subs - Ellis, Walmsley, Roche, Bennion, Ormenroyd, Saxton, Sunley, Nicholson and Dale

Centres did ok, greg went off injured but not the right conditions for flowing centre play - I expect Uaisele to slot in the centres when he arrives and Cording to the back row - the mellars rumour is a load of rubbish in my opinion

Mellor's signed up by Glenora Bears in NZ....The only position I feel we're weak is the centre spots...Is Greg our only out and out centre???

The former Batley players all played well; Moore was the man of the match; Welcome to FEV;

Mellor's signed up by Glenora Bears in NZ....The only position I feel we're weak is the centre spots...Is Greg our only out and out centre???

Seems pretty sure Uaisele will be playing centre with Sharp, Saxton & Chisholm established wings. Mendeika and Hellewell are presumably the cover at centre.

You know what we got with spears before he was made captain - someone who is very vocal on the pitch who rallies the troops, yesterday was no exception

Seems pretty sure Uaisele will be playing centre with Sharp, Saxton & Chisholm established wings. Mendeika and Hellewell are presumably the cover at centre.

Why not Cording at centre and Uaisele on the wing? Big man in Cording with enough pace to draw men in and hopefully release Uaisele down the wing.

Hardman

sharp

worthington

cording

chisholm

bussey

moore

crossley

flanagan

Hirst 

Lockwood

Spears

James

Subs - Ellis, Walmsley, Roche, Bennion, Ormenroyd, Saxton, Sunley, Nicholson and Dale

Centres did ok, greg went off injured but not the right conditions for flowing centre play - I expect Uaisele to slot in the centres when he arrives and Cording to the back row - the mellars rumour is a load of rubbish in my opinion

Thanks for that. Feeling a bit better today and hope to see the next match. Reading all the comments it appear everybody happy with Moore's contribution. Reading the newspapers it appears that Finn had a good game for Cas and was praised by Powell. I reckon both have their own attributes and we have now to support Moore. Nice to see how well the team has gelled.

Moore ... never seen him make an effort at a 40/20.

Interesting. Completed a terrific 40-20 in his very first game for us, and up the hill too.

Why not Cording at centre and Uaisele on the wing? Big man in Cording with enough pace to draw men in and hopefully release Uaisele down the wing.

Cording did start at centre yesterday but seemed to drift back to the pack for much of the game. Sure he could cope with playing there, but judged on Mark Campbell's comments in the Yearbook, our days of filling in at centre with players out of position are hopefully over. There's no reason to play Cording there once Uaisele is there with Saxton/Sharp/Chisholm on the wings.

Cording did start at centre yesterday but seemed to drift back to the pack for much of the game. Sure he could cope with playing there, but judged on Mark Campbell's comments in the Yearbook, our days of filling in at centre with players out of position are hopefully over. There's no reason to play Cording there once Uaisele is there with Saxton/Sharp/Chisholm on the wings.

All interesting stuff and good comments on the players concerned. The question now is are we going to be a better team than last season. We scored nearly twice as many points away against Hunslet when we won there last season. Have Hunslet improved, have we, with our new recruits, gone back or was it just the very adverse conditions?

All interesting stuff and good comments on the players concerned. The question now is are we going to be a better team than last season. We scored nearly twice as many points away against Hunslet when we won there last season. Have Hunslet improved, have we, with our new recruits, gone back or was it just the very adverse conditions?

Friendlies IMO don't mean a lot to the season it lets the coaches know how his players are doing and gives everyone a chance to show the coach what they can do

We will be there again this year but I think Leigh have recruited well and will take some beating Everything in place for JB to win it and I don't think the BOD can do much more at this level for the players so we will see

The question now is are we going to be a better team than last season. We scored nearly twice as many points away against Hunslet when we won there last season. Have Hunslet improved, have we, with our new recruits, gone back or was it just the very adverse conditions?

The conditions were terrible, you couldn't judge any team on that, and also we were making regular substitutions throughout the game. Three of our tries came from kicks and the other two from about 5 yards out (both good tries though), there was no possibility of flowing rugby. The encouraging thing for me is that we didn't seem lost in terms of calls etc, we looked reasonably organised considering we had so many newcomers especially in the pivotal positions. I find it hard to believe we will be a bad team this year - if any of our rivals had signed the likes of Sharp, Greg, Etu, Kain, Crossley, Ellis, Flanagan, Nicholson, Lockwood, Cording etc etc they would be full of themselves. It's just a question of how quickly we can gel as a team under Bastian and how much progress other teams have made.