Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

I GOT A JOB

86 posts in this topic

Merde mon ami.  Keep your chin up!  Best wishes, Tim

Not only have I not got a job now, the one I thought I was going to walk into hasn't come off. Even more galling, other people I know have got those jobs at the same time. Sometimes life is a #####.

So what happened? Did you opt for redundancy?

So what happened? Did you opt for redundancy?

I didn't opt for it! But it happened anyway

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Thanks. I had seriously expected it to be a formality getting another job (with knowing people etc) but have found my two dead certs to be not such dead certs. 

I did my first solo presentation today, and nearly made a complete cock up of it. In front of FY1 Doctors too, smart ar ses!

Got through it though, I am now taking a very deep breath on the train from London Bridge back to St Leonards. Really Good fun.

At half-term (school HT), I am booked to do a set in Canterbury, then the following day I have to do the same presentation in Southampton.

I wish there was a railway equivalent of airmiles :shout:

Perhaps it's time for a separate forum just for updates on your life.  I'll speak to John Drake about it.

Leave Bleep alone; I for one enjoy his updates.

He's one of the TRL family and has been through a rough time lately.

It's not easy supporting Aston Villa.

Perhaps it's time for a separate forum just for updates on your life.  I'll speak to John Drake about it.

I think if he gets one for that it's only fair that you have one to keep us informed of your band and it's European tour progress. :D 

I think if he gets one for that it's only fair that you have one to keep us informed of your band and it's European tour progress. :D

I feel left out of this job update thing because I'm now retired.  :tongue: But not yet put out to pasture! 

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

He can share mine

So that's settled then.

A special forum for Larry and Bleep to discuss their lives.

I feel left out of this job update thing because I'm now retired.  :tongue: But not yet put out to pasture!

I went to work today. Delivered a few letters, thought about how much my shares had grown...

I went to work today. Delivered a few letters, thought about how much my shares had grown...

Capitalist! It didn't take you long :-)

I wonder how many refused to take them, if this was possible? By the way, let's hope that the stock market continues to rise.

Capitalist! It didn't take you long :-)

I fundmentally disagree with the privatisation, but if someone wants to throw shares at me... ;)

I wonder how many refused to take them, if this was possible? By the way, let's hope that the stock market continues to rise.

Employees did have the option to refuse them - presumably through religious or political reasons - but I don't know of anyone who did.

As for growth, I've been watching the price shoot up but then we learn this morning that it is today's price that will be the basis for our allocation. Now, as employees were supposed to have been allocated 10% share of the floated company which price they use shouldn't make any difference to the number of shares we get (I think). In other words, my share of 10% of the company should be the same whether the allocation of the shares is based upon the initial price of 330p or 475p. I hope.

Merde mon ami.  Keep your chin up!  Best wishes, Tim

How you getting on with your venture Tim?

How you getting on with your venture Tim?

All good thanks mate.  Three years in just about, and only three payments left on the mortgage - will take a bit of pressure off once that has gone.  Busiest period of the year coming up so limbering the back up for plenty of sausage making.  Should be doing about 80 - 120 kgs per week from here to Christmas.  

Employees did have the option to refuse them - presumably through religious or political reasons - but I don't know of anyone who did.

As for growth, I've been watching the price shoot up but then we learn this morning that it is today's price that will be the basis for our allocation. Now, as employees were supposed to have been allocated 10% share of the floated company which price they use shouldn't make any difference to the number of shares we get (I think). In other words, my share of 10% of the company should be the same whether the allocation of the shares is based upon the initial price of 330p or 475p. I hope.

Going back some years, many people held on to allocated shares too long and eventually getting stung by the downturn in the stock market. Shares in the Halifax building society reached nearly £10 a share, with people hanging on until over £10. As it so happened, they then crashed. 

Is it really so disorganised that this hasn't been addressed in the communications to you?

All in all it's been sold off too cheaply, even if one accepts the argument that it should have been sold.

Is it really so disorganised that this hasn't been addressed in the communications to you?

All in all it's been sold off too cheaply, even if one accepts the argument that it should have been sold.

To be fair they probably have communicated it to us, but you get so much propaganda from them that I've probably missed it. Royal Mail keep the mail system running solely on its communications to its staff!

It has been sold too cheaply, but ideology was always the motivation behind privatising state enterprise rather than maximising the proceeds for the taxpayer.

Going back some years, many people held on to allocated shares too long and eventually getting stung by the downturn in the stock market. Shares in the Halifax building society reached nearly £10 a share, with people hanging on until over £10. As it so happened, they then crashed.

We've got to keep ours for at least three years.

It has been sold too cheaply, but ideology was always the motivation behind privatising state enterprise rather than maximising the proceeds for the taxpayer.

Surely even the most left wing of us would understand the motivation of capitalists if they actually strove to maximise the income when they sell something on our behalf. Sadly they are to concerned with buying it cheaply and flogging it on.