Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

I GOT A JOB

86 posts in this topic

Does anyone on here have any knowledge about the rules on being made redundant and whether you can get your job back (or it be offered to someone else) Is there a minimum period or whatever?

Does anyone on here have any knowledge about the rules on being made redundant and whether you can get your job back (or it be offered to someone else) Is there a minimum period or whatever?

They have to wait six months to replace you.  If they advertise/recruit somebody for the same role then you should go to an IT, however unless they're completely stupid they will have worded it so that it is significantly different on paper (change of title, flowered up the spec).  If you can show it's effectively the same role then you can take action.

Get the information that you have (however space or thorough) and get down to the CAB. 

Remember that they have made the role redundant and not you as a person.  So if they recruit to the same role, then they've screwed up.  If the role is very similar to your old one, then they should have at the very least asked you to apply before showing you the door.  Did you sign a compromise agreement?

Thanks for that.

It will be exactly the same role...working with the same people...100% the same. I don't want to jump the gun because they may well ring me up and offer it back to me. But they haven't yet and I know people have applied internally.

Thanks for that.

It will be exactly the same role...working with the same people...100% the same. I don't want to jump the gun because they may well ring me up and offer it back to me. But they haven't yet and I know people have applied internally.

They've already screwed up.  Get down the CAB.  

Sounds to me, and don't take this the wrong way, that they wanted rid of you for reasons that are not disclosed.  Either cost, perceived performance/attitude issues etc.

Idiots.

They've already screwed up.  Get down the CAB.  

Sounds to me, and don't take this the wrong way, that they wanted rid of you for reasons that are not disclosed.  Either cost, perceived performance/attitude issues etc.

Idiots.

i think you are right. But I can live with that as the people who decided I had to go were not skilled in the area that they decided about. A bit like me deciding who should go from an IT dept or something. Thanks again, I will dig further.

I have been offered another job* at SAGA, based here in Hastings at £11,400, am I selling myself short?

*Working in telesales

Post has arrived, I just got a tax rebate from HMRC of £1000+

Booked a train & hotel in Swinton, for Dec 22/23 as it's 20 years since my Dad died. As I haven't visited the cemetary or my Bruv, the Pinks fan, in 5 years,

i think you are right. But I can live with that as the people who decided I had to go were not skilled in the area that they decided about. A bit like me deciding who should go from an IT dept or something. Thanks again, I will dig further.

Any update Mr O'Connor?

Any update Mr O'Connor?

Hey, thanks ;). After a little digging I found that they can offer the position to anyone they like and are under no obligation to offer it back to you. I decided to draw a line under it and move on. I suspect the company will be gone in 6 months to a year anyway and might as well make a new start now.

Hey, thanks ;). After a little digging I found that they can offer the position to anyone they like and are under no obligation to offer it back to you. I decided to draw a line under it and move on. I suspect the company will be gone in 6 months to a year anyway and might as well make a new start now.

All the best with that john

I'd agree with the view that they didn't have to offer it to you. However from what you've described they've made the position redundant and then immediately advertised for the same position. This isn't legal within six months.

If you've drawn a line under it then fair enough. I'll let you know if we have any vacancies, touring with my band, although you would have to leave your odd political views at home.

I'd agree with the view that they didn't have to offer it to you. However from what you've described they've made the position redundant and then immediately advertised for the same position. This isn't legal within six months.

If you've drawn a line under it then fair enough. I'll let you know if we have any vacancies, touring with my band, although you would have to leave your odd political views at home.

Thanks, that would be a great addition to the CV. I have previous experience of touring with bands but none so prestigious.

All the best with that john

Thanks brother. ;)

Its a shame British Leyland no longer have that nightshift.

So how goes the job hunt Johnoco?

I might be able to tell you something soon. :)

And?

And yes. I got a job. A good job. With a future.. Losing my job has turned out to be a massive positive. I had 3 interviews for it and a PPP. So chuffed

And yes. I got a job. A good job. With a future.. Losing my job has turned out to be a massive positive. I had 3 interviews for it and a PPP. So chuffed

Many congratulations, glad it has worked out so well for you. Enjoy your Christmas.

Many congratulations, glad it has worked out so well for you. Enjoy your Christmas.

Thanks for that pal. I would have enjoyed it regardless ;) but this is the icing on the cake.

Cracking news mate - well done

Happy for you mate. Onwards and upwards. Cheers for your help early this year. Hope 2014 turns out better than this year for both of us! Good luck!

Brilliant

Here's,to the future