Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scubby

World Cup vs Work Productivity

47 posts in this topic

This has felt like the run up to Christmas only without the office party and Secret Santa!

Your secret santa present will arrive on Saturday in the form of a Kallum Watkins interception try to win the game with 3mins to go! :D

Your secret santa present will arrive on Saturday in the form of a Kallum Watkins interception try to win the game with 3mins to go! :D

Let's hope so. Cos last year's Secret Santa was a book of RU anecdotes :fie:  (her heart was in the right place I suppose - bless).

Good job I'm self employed, I've done a little less than sod all for a week now.  Mrs Ponterover is starting to notice though, had to buy her off with a trip to a show in London next week.  Hope the theatre has wifi.

Does nobody have a proper "Northern Job" anymore?

Yeah, fat lot of good its done me too. I lost two ferrets, a whippet and seven bags of coal this week because I'm constantly searching for news articles on the rlwc

So 11 o'clock approaches an another day and yet again no real productivity achieved other than attending three meetings/conference calls. :rolleyes:

So 11 o'clock approaches an another day and yet again no real productivity achieved other than attending three meetings/conference calls. :rolleyes:

I have autonomously decided to work from home today. It is 11 o'clock and I have watched two youtube vids on the WC and done my usual trawl of social media and RL message boards. Absolutely shameful! 

Does nobody have a proper "Northern Job" anymore?

We're eagerly awaiting the blokes to start their "Northern Jobs" on Saturday afternoon.

A few weeks ago I didn't think it was possible to do less, at least I've learned something.

A few weeks ago I didn't think it was possible to do less, at least I've learned something.

Unlike Gareth Hock.

Well, I have 5 hours left in work before I start the first leg of my journey down to South Wales.

Like a kid at Christmas.

I don't mind admitting that s much as I've loved being a Wire fan in recent years, going to three Challenge Cup Finals and two Grand Finals, this still gets me far more excited than any of those trips.

Absolutely nothing beats a major International event.

Well, I have 5 hours left in work before I start the first leg of my journey down to South Wales.

Like a kid at Christmas.

I don't mind admitting that s much as I've loved being a Wire fan in recent years, going to three Challenge Cup Finals and two Grand Finals, this still gets me far more excited than any of those trips.

Absolutely nothing beats a major International event.

Same here; Wigan have had a pretty good season this year (as you will know ;)), but none of that has come close to this.

International success means so much more to me personally than club success ever will.

Same here; Wigan have had a pretty good season this year (as you will know ;)), but none of that has come close to this.

Did they?

In my house when I watch the Grand Final back I watch the 1st half twice, which sees us romping to a comfortable victory!  :tongue:

Did they?

In my house when I watch the Grand Final back I watch the 1st half twice, which sees us romping to a comfortable victory!  :tongue:

Dave stop posting on here and get some work done. This is really distracting for some of us trying to get on (and look at the other forums)

I know you're all intersted, thats me on my way to pick up a Hertz car and start my long drive South.

Very excited now :biggrin:

I know you're all intersted, thats me on my way to pick up a Hertz car and start my long drive South.

Very excited now :biggrin:

I've been sat in an important meeting from 1430hrs onwards and got busted scribbling down my starting 13 plus subs by my boss haha! :D

Productivity tomorrow will be 0; the sense of excitement is ridiclous and I had actually forgot I am off to watch a Jake Bugg gig at Brixton Academy tomorrow night as well.

I did some work this morning 10-12. Had to go into another room, close all my tabs down and knuckle down. It was short lived, however, and I am back to my deviant ways. :)

This has to stop. Just had a colleague chasing me for some documentation* that I'm supposed to deliver, but have been stalling on. Must try harder...

* I dislike doing documentation at the best of times, so any excuse not to do it is always welcome. 

So how's this week gone? Managed to do anything? The traffic on here would suggest not. :rolleyes:

So how's this week gone? Managed to do anything? The traffic on here would suggest not. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:  I got that pumped up about last weekend's game, I didn't really comprehend that it is virtually a game a day. Productivity has been low because of this. The raw school kid excitement and distraction only comes with games against Australia. However, I am really looking forward to the next few days and this has created an unnecessary Friday feeling. I was amazed how distracted I was in the build up to the game at Bristol.

Those looking to kill an hour or two today can join/read the 'attendance counted once' or 'attendance counted twice' debate. That'll get you through to close of play - none the wiser too! 

thats one of the joys of being an idle bum on the dole,devoting all of your october 2013 existence to speculation planning using all them lovely hours to find best streams all day to do it and nothing to do.

thats one of the joys of being an idle bum on the dole,devoting all of your october 2013 existence to speculation planning using all them lovely hours to find best streams all day to do it and nothing to do.

Who knows what November will bring though mate? Be careful what you plump for though. Some jobs are really a pain when there is RLWC browsing to do :D