Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
League Express

Joe Mellor extends Widnes contract

21 posts in this topic

The weekend starts here in VW's house.

You'll get even less sense than normal out of him today. I bet he's already on his 2nd bottle of babycham and 3rd sock.

This is really good news. He's still only 22 years old and improving all the time.

I'll take your word for it on his age, but I must contest your view that VW is improving.

I bet he's already on his 2nd bottle of babycham and 3rd sock.

lol

Great to get him to resign for the vikings. Him and hanbury have been there outstanding players all year round.

about bloody time too................now for stefan marsh

about bloody time too................now for stefan marsh

Are you not pushing to extend the superstar signing Kevin Brown?

Are you not pushing to extend the superstar signing Kevin Brown?

He's ex Wigan so I'd presume so.

no need kev is already on a 4 year deal, and nice of you to recognise how talented he is.......

He's ex Wigan so I'd presume so.

we wont have to offer a brown envelope for him either! unlike a certain team who play in blue and white.

I have been hoping for quite a while that the Giants would have a right go to sign him, He's a player i like a lot, However Prop forwards have overtaken our long standing need for a half, and that is certainly where we have been found wanting, Kafusi and Bailey may be the answer in our forwards we shall have to wait and see. I have wanted us to sign Broughton for a long time, and we finally have, maybe well get Mellor in the fulness of time.

no need kev is already on a 4 year deal, and nice of you to recognise how talented he is.......

I recognise that you have a man crush. As a player he's decidedly ordinary.

not at all mate, kev was superb for us at times this season...

I recognise that you have a man crush. As a player he's decidedly ordinary.

ordinary's perhaps a tad harsh.....the thing is with Brown, he doesn't set the world on fire.....and in some games he can be quite anonymous.....but then he can, at times, show a bit of class - either by a lovely pass, a great kick through, or even a dash for the line himself and when he does things like that you dare to believe he's a great player.....until you forget about him for the next 3 or 4 games ....it would be great if those special moments were more frequent but they aren't.....and they weren't that frequent when he was at Hudds

Edited by chuffer

ordinary's perhaps a tad harsh.....the thing is with Brown, he doesn't set the world on fire.....and in some games he can be quite anonymous.....but then he can, at times, show a bit of class - either by a lovely pass, a great kick through, or even a dash for the line himself and when he does things like that you dare to believe he's a great player.....until you forget about him for the next 3 or 4 games ....it would be great if those special moments were more frequent but they aren't.....and they weren't that frequent when he was at Hudds

He's had the same problem with consistency since he started at Wigan. A very good player on his day, unfortunately those days a few and far between.

Anyway, good news in terms of Mellor. Glad to see him flourishing in SL, even if it wasn't meant to be at Wigan.

widnes fans are rightly excited by the likes of mellor, hanbury,cahill etc etc, we have spent so many years signing bargain basement players who any other team wouldn't touch. now we have superb players in our team at long last.

widnes fans are rightly excited by the likes of mellor, hanbury,cahill etc etc, we have spent so many years signing bargain basement players who any other team wouldn't touch. now we have superb players in our team at long last.

Err, Crusaders anyone?

:huh:

exactly hindle, hanbury, cahill and winterstien and white have been excellent for us.