Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhodders

Ireland World Cup Squad

21 posts in this topic

I think the squad in '08 was slightly better, but still competitive and glad there's some survivors from the last world cup

Thanks for this. I was writing a short story with an Irishman in it, but couldn't think of a name. I think Apirana Pewhairangi will do.

Thanks for this. I was writing a short story with an Irishman in it, but couldn't think of a name. I think Apirana Pewhairangi will do.

That's actually Mr O'Pewhairhangi if you don't mind.

Going to be backing both teams 2 November as I have favs in both squads - and like everyone else, I'm a quarter Irish

Must be from up Leitrim direction.

Seriously though, this was one of the main stories on the RTE sport website earlier today. Good publicity.

Going to be backing both teams 2 November as I have favs in both squads - and like everyone else, I'm a quarter Irish

At least you won't be disappointed... :)

I think you'll find he's one of the Co Donegal Pewhairangi sept. Some of his relatives have been handy with the caman. :hi:

I was so hoping that the unfortunately named Wayne Kerr was playing, it was one of the funnier moments of the last world cup listening to the Aussie commentators twang, when pronouncing his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought Bridge and Harrison at Wire may have featured. Neither have made the Knights squad so wont be in the england squad.

I was so hoping that the unfortunately named Wayne Kerr was playing, it was one of the funnier moments of the last world cup listening to the Aussie commentators twang, when pronouncing his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto.

thought Bridge and Harrison at Wire may have featured. Neither have made the Knights squad so wont be in the england squad.

Same here, however it may be they still want to fight for their place in England, if that's the case well played.    Less players switching around the better,

What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish playing for England.

Forget Rangi, this is the real scandal.

Other than that, not a bad squad, should be no-ones whipping boys.

What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish playing for England.

Forget Rangi, this is the real scandal.

Other than that, not a bad squad, should be no-ones whipping boys.

Aye, especially with Larne Patrick having two Irish names!

Just hope they don't get utterly steamrollered in Limerick - I'm hoping for a vaguely entertaining game given the distance I'm travelling :)

Just hope they don't get utterly steamrollered in Limerick - I'm hoping for a vaguely entertaining game given the distance I'm travelling :)

Get the Aussies to a free party with lots of Guiness and Irish Whiskey on the Friday night. Those who don't get arrested will have a major hangover.

Other than that, the Aussies will declare at half time.

Get the Aussies to a free party with lots of Guiness and Irish Whiskey on the Friday night. Those who don't get arrested will have a major hangover.

Other than that, the Aussies will declare at half time.

Don't let them go near Temple Bar they will never get drunk - no matter how much money they make, they will not be able to afford more than 3 drinks :drinks:  

What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish

So according to your logic just because Larne Patrick sounds irish he should play for Ireland . Therefore he should be joined by Sean O'Loughlin. He doesn't sound English so how can he possibly play for England ??

Don't let them go near Temple Bar they will never get drunk - no matter how much money they make, they will not be able to afford more than 3 drinks :drinks:  

Aye, but Temple Bar is a long walk from Limerick.