Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thehullram

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

2,438 posts in this topic

The average is either 15k per event or nearly 20k per match, but is either way more than 13k (is that a boring point to make?). Well ahead of where we might reasonably have expected to be after round 1. For round 2, let's see whether the north west can outdo the south west...

Apparently 6500 sold for the Racecourse, Wrexham, Wales v USA game... and lots of enquiries about opening a cash turnstile. Could we possibly top 8.000?

Tried to be cautious, wary of thinking every game will sell out after a great start

panic over for me my second ticket for Headingley games arrived today.I was worried because the 2nd game ticket arrived first and was unable to contact the customer service.

The average is either 15k per event or nearly 20k per match, but is either way more than 13k (is that a boring point to make?).

It's pretty basic math: 45,052 + 8,872 + 7,481 + 14,965 + 7,630 + 7,247 = 91,247 people who have attended the first 7 games, so 91,247 / 7 = 13,035 is the true per game average so far.

It's pretty basic math: 45,052 + 8,872 + 7,481 + 14,965 + 7,630 + 7,247 = 91,247 people who have attended the first 7 games, so 91,247 / 7 = 13,035 is the true per game average so far.

You've only added up 6 numbers... the first game was essentially a 2 for 1 ticket deal.  Both attendances should be used.  Perhaps if the two for one deal had one game on sat and one on Sun the concept would be easier to grasp.

You've only added up 6 numbers... the first game was essentially a 2 for 1 ticket deal. Both attendances should be used. Perhaps if the two for one deal had one game on sat and one on Sun the concept would be easier to grasp.

But we are talking about tickets sold..... thus 6 number for 6 events....

But we are talking about tickets sold..... thus 6 number for 6 events....

he was calculating average attendance for 7 events

There have only been six:

Cardiff

Warrington

Hull KR

Rochdale

Workington

Bristol

There were two at Cardiff....it was a two for one ticket deal.

There were two at Cardiff....it was a two for one ticket deal.

No, there were two matches at the event. There were 45,052 tickets sold. Why people persist in claimkng 90,104 tickets were sold is beyond me.... next you'll be claiming that 45,052 individuals also attended the opening ceremony, making 135k people cram into a 80k stadium.... as far as ticket sales are concerned, the title of this thread, there have been six ticketed events and cardiff's figure is 45,052.

No, there were two matches at the event. There were 45,052 tickets sold. Why people persist in claimkng 90,104 tickets were sold is beyond me.... next you'll be claiming that 45,052 individuals also attended the opening ceremony, making 135k people cram into a 80k stadium.... as far as ticket sales are concerned, the title of this thread, there have been six ticketed events and cardiff's figure is 45,052.

well their not this an argument about attendance.

So by that logic:

If a club sells 10k season tickets and there are 10 home games and only the season ticket holders attend all 10 games the season average attendance is 1,000 and the aggregate attendance is 10,000?

Both games should have an attendance of 45K. I have never seen anything different, so not sure why they would declare a zero attendance for the Wales game.

90,104 tickets were not sold. It was 2 for 1.

90,104 tickets were not sold. It was 2 for 1.

Maybe in future they should issue 2 tickets, with the second charged at £0.00 (which effectively is what the deal was)?

Mods, can we please call some kind of amnesty on 'how we count' the Cardiff crowd, please? Already sick of hearing about it and am dreading the same after Wembley.

My point is you cant hqve 90k towarss the 500k ticket sales target from Cardiff, that's all. Attendance at ganes and actual tickets sold aee two very different things.

Mods, can we please call some kind of amnesty on 'how we count' the Cardiff crowd, please? Already sick of hearing about it and am dreading the same after Wembley.

I think that if we had 10 more pages of this we would finally realise 437 people and 10 dogs watched all the games in a stadium up north.

My point is you cant hqve 90k towarss the 500k ticket sales target from Cardiff, that's all. Attendance at ganes and actual tickets sold aee two very different things.

fair point. Was the 500k declared as attendance or tickets sold as surely they would have known that the two double headers would make that virtually impossible?

I don't think you should claim 90K attended Cardiff. Just that both games had an attendance of 45K in the record books.

I blame the French. If tomorrow's game hadn't already sold out we'd have something else to talk about.

fair point. Was the 500k declared as attendance or tickets sold as surely they would have known that the two double headers would make that virtually impossible?

Tickets sold.

Limerick seat sales have just hit 3,125, meaning even if no GA tickets have been sold, and no other ticket is moved, this will be Ireland's third largest international crowd.

As for Perpignan, it really is now only the corners of the three stands which still has seats.  Well on track to being a full-house.