Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thehullram

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

2,438 posts in this topic

You can now only buy individual tickets in Club Wembley for the Big Hit. A few returned in the lower tier but both bottom and middle tiers are now practically sold out! Strong sales in the Upper tier as well if they have opened up more areas there; going to be a bumper crowd at Wembley!!!  :D

It's interesting how well France and Wales are selling their tickets despite both sides being poor. Fans seem more concerned about the game being competitive than the likelihood of their team winning.

WELL DONE LEIGH, GREAT TURNOUT AND LOOKED FANTASTIC ON TV!!!

RUGBY WASN'T BAD EITHER, ONE OF MOST ENJOYABLE GAMES SO FAR THIS TOURNAMENT.

ANOTHER MASSIVE THUMBS UP FOR THE GAME, LETS KEEP IT GOING!

Awesome! Just a shame that it wont be seen by the majotiy of the country unless they watch the BBC Highlights programme on at 11.30pm on a sunday, Brilliant crwods so far though could not have asked for a better start :)

You can now only buy individual tickets in Club Wembley for the Big Hit. A few returned in the lower tier but both bottom and middle tiers are now practically sold out! Strong sales in the Upper tier as well if they have opened up more areas there; going to be a bumper crowd at Wembley!!!  :D

Quite a few people from my work (financial company in the City) are going who have never been to a league match before. Seems to be pretty good awareness of the event amongst sports fans in London.

Awesome! Just a shame that it wont be seen by the majotiy of the country unless they watch the BBC Highlights programme on at 11.30pm on a sunday, Brilliant crwods so far though could not have asked for a better start :)

Last weeks highlights show on BBC1 only showed the 4 weekend games, so the country is missing out on all the top class entertainment that has been going on in midweek in groups C and D. That is unless I've missed a further highlights show.....

Warrington - the "competitive" Quarter Final (Fiji v France/Samoa) seems to have sold out in the North Stand.

You can't click on any of the blocks there now.

It's interesting how well France and Wales are selling their tickets despite both sides being poor. Fans seem more concerned about the game being competitive than the likelihood of their team winning.

I think there is also a genuine "buzz" about the RLWC as an event and it seems many people feel they want to be part of it. 

Last weeks highlights show on BBC1 only showed the 4 weekend games, so the country is missing out on all the top class entertainment that has been going on in midweek in groups C and D. That is unless I've missed a further highlights show.....

True, I have Premier Sports and this month is fantastic for me as every night I look forward to a live game, but some of my mates are gutted as its just quick highlights at silly o'clock!

Less than 100 tickets left for Italy v Tonga at Halifax with over 10,000 sold. Looking like a sell out which is pretty good and many non rugby League fans buying tickets

Less than 100 tickets left for Italy v Tonga at Halifax with over 10,000 sold. Looking like a sell out which is pretty good and many non rugby League fans buying tickets

120 East, North 180. Looking good though.

Very little left for the final on the RLWC site, MUFC seem to have a few left though.

Warrington - the "competitive" Quarter Final (Fiji v France/Samoa) seems to have sold out in the North Stand.

You can't click on any of the blocks there now.

Fiji - Samoa should be a wonderful game. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it out - I would have thought anyone that was there the last time Samoa played would like to see them all over again.

Generally, the interest at Leigh, Workington and Halifax reinforces my long held view that we should do everything we can to put in place a 2 tier SL. An advantage we have over the NRL is that we have a number of sleeping giants (inc Fev of course), with great junior systems and latent love of Our Game, that we are simply not doing nearly enough to maximise. You could limit the entry criteria to clubs who have won major trophies or played in front of nearly 5k crowds at home and still have around 20 teams. For another day...

Sadly, that appears to be the case, up to now. However, as the RWC gets into the knockout stages, there are more frequent highlights programmes scheduled.

There are highlights listed for the 10th, 11th and 12th of November here.

Sadly, that appears to be the case, up to now. However, as the RWC gets into the knockout stages, there are more frequent highlights programmes scheduled.

There are highlights listed for the 10th, 11th and 12th of November here.

Thats oddly perverse.

They are increasing the number of highlights programmes as the number of games per week reduces.

How that makes sense I have no idea!

Thats oddly perverse.

They are increasing the number of highlights programmes as the number of games per week reduces.

They probably weren't expecting the amazing action that the group games have provided. To be honest, I doubt they were alone in that assumption.

They are ramping up their coverage as the 'big' knockout matches come along, which makes a sort of sense. I am a little disappointed, though.

Thats oddly perverse.

I wonder if - on Tuesday 12th - the Beeb are going to air a 'round up' program for the group stages, at a sensible time of the evening, and advertise it a bit in advance. Bit hopeful I suppose but would at least give a much wider audience a taste of what's actually happening!

they did show the tries before the England game on Saturday to mop up the games they miss.

Really poor imho.

Just bought 2 for the South Stand qf at Warrington. It took me ages on the website, and at one time i phoned the ticket office because I was getting so frustrated, The voice at the end of the phone stated they were getting a very high volume of calls. Eventually I got tickets 1365 and 1366 for the South. Tremendous value at £10 each using the HJ50 code.

Just a post of appreciation for the hardworking RFL Ticket Office team who sorted out my problem over the Scotland v USA ticket, (part of the two game Salford package with the double header trial) quickly and efficiently. This is the one part of the RFL that does work !

Is the world record attendance for an international (inclduing union) circa 83k? I'm sure i read that somewhere.

If heartlands folk turn out in force i seriously believe the big hit semi could get the record.

whats happened at Limerick ? loads of seats now available which werent before

Isn't that a good sign? Doesn't that mean they're opening up more of the ground?

As I haven't got my ticket yet, I hope they're not reselling it.

Is the world record attendance for an international (inclduing union) circa 83k? I'm sure i read that somewhere.

If heartlands folk turn out in force i seriously believe the big hit semi could get the record.

world record crowd for a Union game is 109,874 for Australia v the All Blacks in 2000.  That record will clearly never be beaten as it was before the Sydney Olympic stadium had its capacity reduced.  Id forget about heartlands folk turning out in force, its not going to happen. I think enough from London and nearby may go though to challenge the international league record crowd of around 73k.  I know plenty of people down here going to Wembley who havnt been to a league game, simply because its a big occasion.