Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daltoni

When are the BBC going to advertise the World Cup?

20 posts in this topic

With just 22 days to go until the World Cup begins, I along with everyone I know with an interest, haven't seen a single advert of the upcoming Rugby League World Cup on BBC TV. Are they really taking the game seriously? Were the RFL aware of the advertising details when they signed up?

With just 22 days to go until the World Cup begins, I along with everyone I know with an interest, haven't seen a single advert of the upcoming Rugby League World Cup on BBC TV. Are they really taking the game seriously? Were the RFL aware of the advertising details when they signed up?

That the best you've got? Great opening post!

I read somewhere - I think in a statement by the RLWC, maybe posted on here (but maybe not) - that a TV advert is being put together at present.  If I have remembered correctly then perhaps that is what is going to be used by the BBC?  Perhaps not either, as Premier Sports have been promoting the competition for a few weeks now whenever there is a match on.  But it's a possibility I suppose.

That the best you've got? Great opening post!

To be fair, I've been a member of this site for years and years and I wouldn't have a clue how to make big, red text. 

Grand final first....then the world cup....listened to Nobbybbeen on fighting talk at lunch, top bloke !

I've heard loads of stuff on radio 5LSX

Me too, but nothing on TV, if it were Union or Football it would have been advertised for months in advance

To be fair, I've been a member of this site for years and years and I wouldn't have a clue how to make big, red text. 

Johns just showing off !   :P 

Me too, but nothing on TV, if it were Union or Football it would have been advertised for months in advance

But it isn't U*ion or soccer. And it has been advertised for months in advance, in every village and town in thr country.

But it isn't U*ion or soccer. And it has been advertised for months in advance, in every village and town in thr country.

Yep, I'm talking about TV ads and the lack of em

Yep, I'm talking about TV ads and the lack of em

I can't remember many RL TV adverts ever. Which ones has there been? For World Cups obviously.

I can't remember many RL TV adverts ever. Which ones has there been? For World Cups obviously.

The BBC is fantastic at promoting upcoming sporting events through adverts, they start months before some events like Wimbledon. Considering it's a World Cup coming up wouldn't you have expected to see any promo yet considering that they are covering it?  Just want to see it being treated like the major sporting event it is.

Cant wait for it to start!

The BBC is fantastic at promoting upcoming sporting events through adverts, they start months before some events like Wimbledon. Considering it's a World Cup coming up wouldn't you have expected to see any promo yet considering that they are covering it?  Just want to see it being treated like the major sporting event it is.

Cant wait for it to start!

Lol, I like it bro.

Lol, I like it bro.

Solidarity! you know what its like though when you just get rattled by something, I even emailed George Riley of the BBC on the subject! I'm gonna let go now before I call for a boycott of the Beeb LOL  

How long have the BBC been allowed to broadcast adverts?

They've been allowed to broadcast adverts of the events they are broadcasting forever.

How long have the BBC been allowed to broadcast adverts?

Yes, don't think you get it. Not commercials, promo adverts 

Ah, trailers. Thanks for clearing that up.

Trailers are adverts.  They advertise events.