Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hornetsexile

Voate drui

7 posts in this topic

There is a great article on Rochdale Online news about the arrival of 4 Fijian players that came to the snowy Athletic grounds in 1963. The picture accompanying the article is a belter and very familiar to those of a certain age. The lights for the greyhound racing, Tintown in the background, and Eddie Waring.

When I was in Oldham Royal I had a nurse that was a relative of Orisi Dawei.  She was, I think, a grand-daughter by marriage.  I tried to get her interested in giving the club some background, photos etc but she hasn't got in touch.

Pugwash.

When I was in Oldham Royal I had a nurse that was a relative of Orisi Dawei.  She was, I think, a grand-daughter by marriage.  I tried to get her interested in giving the club some background, photos etc but she hasn't got in touch.

Pugwash.

What she didn't fall for your boyish good looks. Silly girl.

You can always send her your photo from the Obbie, nice one Andy

Just been reading the official rugby league world cup guide.

On the Fiji team profile page it says 2 Fijians, levula and Ravouvou, moved to Rochdale in the 1960s. Very lazy journalism. The entire magazine is full of errors.

On another note, interesting to see how few of the 2013 dream team have been selected for the England world cup squad.

Pugwash.

The Nurse you mention is possibly  Voate Driu's Daughter who was Orisi Dawai's Brother , Orisi never had any Children 

I used to live near Driu's daughter when she was a few doors up Haslam St from me, but this is a different person, a younger lass completely at Oldham Royal and I'm sure her surname was Dawei.  My memory isn't what it was though!

Pugwash.