Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jannerboyuk

RLWC13 Cardiff

59 posts in this topic

Heard a few adverts on Cardiff Capital FM this morning promoting the opening ceremony on the 26th. First time I have heard any rugby league adverts on that station. Played 4 times between 10 and 11am

brilliant! First of many I hope. I think what happens here is the difference between a good crowd and a blockbuster. Example one: Barry 50,000 people 20 mins by train from the stadium for 3 quid! Family friendly prices, don't have to worry about hotel prices or paying to cross a bridge - lets get em in! Send the mascot to the schools, radio ads, get Gareth Thomas down there, some cheerleaders, maybe the cup itself - jobs a good un!

Just picked this up on the RLWC 13 homepage:

Ian Golden@Ian_Golden

@Penbedw @BBCWalesSport @andywiz BBC Wales have started to show a lot of interest in @RLWC2013. Watch this space.

just to say that whatever my criticisms I've no doubt that Ian will be working his socks off trying to get as much press as is possible. Absolutely stalwart of the game, passionate and dedicated. Got me into the game properly, it's his fault that I care so much in the first place :)

just to say that whatever my criticisms I've no doubt that Ian will be working his socks off trying to get as much press as is possible. Absolutely stalwart of the game, passionate and dedicated. Got me into the game properly, it's his fault that I care so much in the first place :)

Another one:

http://www.freepressseries.co.uk/sport/10717514.Gareth_Thomas__World_Cup_the_perfect_platform_for_Wales__39__unsung_heroes/?ref=twtrec

The WG haven't 'paid' for the match as such, what they have funded is a legacy from the World Cup ie they want to see some real investment in the Welsh economy and in the community post the RLWC. Cardiff Council, as far as I know, have little in terms of the finance to do with it directly,however, as I mentioned earlier its down to the RLWC committee to do this sort of promotion.

Yeah but in effect they have 'paid' for the match because host cities had to bid for them. Of course they want something for their money - a legacy, a boost to the local economy and to showcase Cardiff to millions of households throughout the world.

I thought Gareth Thomas was an World Cup ambassador - has he not been round drumming up interest locally? I've not seen/heard anything......

Yeah but in effect they have 'paid' for the match because host cities had to bid for them. Of course they want something for their money - a legacy, a boost to the local economy and to showcase Cardiff to millions of households throughout the world.

I thought Gareth Thomas was an World Cup ambassador - has he not been round drumming up interest locally? I've not seen/heard anything......

Gareth Thomas is a World Cup ambassador and he has been referred to as appearing in different places (although not in a Dr Who sense) but whether he has been out and about in Wales I don't know.

Got an e-mail offering 50% off this morning.

Is that for the opening ceremony?  If so then it's a good offer.  When I went to book my tickets last weekend, all the cheap seats had gone.  Some of the remaining seats were priced at £99 for example.  If they want to shift those now then they're going to have to cut the price.

Is that for the opening ceremony?  If so then it's a good offer. 

Yeah, they sent something out to GF punters.