Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King Of Leon

Tony Smith,s Smug Face

19 posts in this topic

nice to see with plenty of egg on it last night.Anyone else cant stand him?

me...amazing how he seemed so indignant when harrison hansen carried out an alleged 'cannonball' tackle on ratchford,but forgot about westwood's blatant punch on blake green that should have been a sending off....but then again blake green got a winners ring didn't he?  :D

just what i was thinking ! Smith always comes across as so arrogant when interviewed

He can afford to be a bit arrogant/cocky/confident, he has been the best coach in this country for years and done amazing with every club hes coached

well said gary lad.  +1

He can afford to be a bit arrogant/cocky/confident, he has been the best coach in this country for years and done amazing with every club hes coached

shame he bottled it with england

shame he bottled it with

england

Dont think he bottled it as such, just couldn't go out and sign better players than the kangaroos like he can do at club level...funny how brian mcdermott and shaun wane dont come across as smug and cocky...his brother was a better coach imo.

Of course you are right Tony Smith does have that air of arrogance about him .But , when it counts HE IS THE MAN.Some coach's CAN , whilst others may be better @ B&Q !! !!!

he never won a game at Huddersfield one year did he?

A tale i got told by Stinger (kit man) was that Tony Smith came the week before to watch us play London Skolars and on leaving he said "our 2nd string could beat these" Ha Ha

I could think of Two teams in Leeds that Wish they had him !!!!!

I think the Old Boys and Warriors are both happy with their coach

I think the Old Boys and Warriors are both happy with their coach

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He's like a lot of sports people/performers coming across as very arrogant and cocky in his professional role. My views on him were pretty much the same as many on here until I met him at a charity do, where he came across as a most selfless and humble member of society -  giving his spare time and own money to the charity's cause

He's like a lot of sports people/performers coming across as very arrogant and cocky in his professional role. My views on him were pretty much the same as many on here until I met him at a charity do, where he came across as a most selfless and humble member of society - giving his spare time and own money to the charity's cause

a work colleague once met him at a rugby do and he has spoken very highly of him, said he made time to speak to people and listened to what they had to say.you only need to look where Warrington were when he took over. I also know a lot of Leeds fans who would have him back tomorrow

i,ll never forget him making a pot of tea half way through the 2nd half in the Cup Final at Cardiff, Leeds v Hull. The TV cameras clearly showed him through the window with a kettle in his hand, even old Ray French said , i dont beleive it hes making a brew !Of course Paul Cooke paid him back for his cockiness in the last minite...

I have to agree here, like him or not , not saying I do. but he makes his club, as a coach into a winning team. 

Best coach Warrington and Leeds  has/had.