Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Wigan v Sydney Roosters

30 posts in this topic

play it in South Africa as there bidding for 2017 world cup about time RL went all out to establish league out there. They should have been in this years world cup if we are to make the game more global .  

the thing is with roosters or as the are officially known eastern suburbs, have a massive membership base for the leagues club and many of the members go to watch the chooks, no doubt a few members will make it to the game in wigan...............me included.

They haven't been officially known as Eastern Suburbs since the 90s.

The majority of Easts Leagues Club members (and let's not mistake them as being members of the Rugby League club) are old age citizens spending their pensions on poker machines.

Take away victories and they have a smaller following than almost all bar Cronulla

I want to see Wigan go over there and turn 'em over. I'll be bouncing around Old Frightful's local if they win!

I doubt that would occur even if Wigan could play all of those leaving as well, should they field a side not quite on song they will end up being embarassed.

The present Roosters side is the best club side that I have watched since the Wigan glory years in the 80s, they simply are special. They play with a lot of flair in attack and their defence is superb also.